Home

Sports Daily: Spurs Win, What Is the Future of Miami?

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: Spurs Win, What Is the Future of Miami? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2014, 06:38 AM   #17
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
So happy for the Spurs and Tim Duncan. Much respect for those guys

I'm not sure what will happen but the most logical would be for all to stay with Wade taking the paycut. They'll probably sign a big man or a better point guard
Old 06-17-2014, 09:01 AM   #18
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Sports Daily: Spurs Win, What Is the Future of Miami?

They should sign Shaun Livingston and Robin Lopez

They should keep Beasley

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 06-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

Yeah Beasley should stay and spo needs to be less stubborn and play him more.dude is a gifted offensive player and his defense will improve
Old 06-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #20
Rookie

KIWI BLITZ's Arena

I think Bosh and Wade will both opt out after Lebron leaving the heat to rebuild again
Old 06-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #21
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

All are coming back.

The Heat will re-tool not rebuild. The amount of hate this team took over the last 4 years is comical to me. The new CBA was constructed because Pat Riley pulled off what seemed the impossible. But they pretty much anticipated the new CBA to a certain extent with the player options all coming this year.

A lot of people truly do not understand the dynamic of this team and how it has been ever since Pat Riley came down here. It's a culture that has been ingrained into the staff. From the ticket takers to the head honcho Riley. It's a culture of playing winning basketball, hard work, and tireless dedication to excellence. Whether it was Zo or Timmy, Wade and Shaq or even Wade, Butler and Odom in Wade's rookie year…Riley is a master. Coach Spo get's almost no press yet Lebron knew he was the coach when he signed up and believe it or not he loves him. Spo is a Pat Riley disciple a kid who started here in 1995 as a film assistant.

Not only are those three opting out (Lebron already did obviously) but expect Haslem to as well, to free up as much cap flexibility for the team.

The bloggers and ESPN's of the world are having their fun right now. Enjoy it. Because within the next 7-10 days it will be over and The Miami Heat will have extended Lebron, Wade and Bosh and look to add a couple of new pieces to go along with Allen (one more year), Coles, Beasley, Haslem (at the end obviously) maybe Lewis, maybe Birdman.

We have a saying down here in South Florida:

In Riley We Trust
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #22
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Well.....that did not go too well. LOL. But we still are bringing back Bosh and of course Wade.

Deng has been signed. Chalmers has agreed to return. McRoberts and Granger are coming. McRoberts is a super solid signing. Granger is a 2MM lotto ticket with a player option for year 2.

Heat fans are not in panic mode at all. We are actually already talking about the upcoming season. Can Wade really have a great off-season, lose some weight and get some more lift back into his jumper? The feeling is now that this is Wade's team again and if he can really get focused in the off-season to return stronger and healthier than he has been in the past two seasons (and remember he will be a full 1.5 years removed from that same procedure Kobe had) he can give us one to two more very solid years.

Bosh now becomes the number one scoring option and we know he can respond in that role. I would not be shocked to see coach Spo redesign the entire scheme around Bosh and Wade (captain obvious). We are returning Coles who maybe can take the next step in his development in year 4. Shabazz Naiper is a heck of a PG prospect and IMO in any other year would have been a top 15 pick. This years draft was flush with talent.

Birdman should be able to be brought back for one more season. I believe they will give Greg Oden a shot at some serious playing time. James Jones may also return for one more season as Wade's back up at SG.

There is still some room under the cap to maneuver and bring in a few more support role pieces.

But make no mistake. This team will be gearing up for a run at the 2016 Free Agent Class and players like to come down to Miami to play for a first class organization.

In Riley We Trust
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-14-2014 at 11:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »