Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #9
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

OVR: 0
i love graphic and play calling menu and player model.. animations look awkward to me.. they need overhaul animations for Madden 16 plus WR/DB interactions.. i am still considering to buy this on ps4 right now
Old 06-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #10
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Stale looking gameplay, zero wow factor. This was not what I imagined next-gen football to look or play like. Different year same boring Madden.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0
Animations look clunky and robotic. Also, it lacks soul. Very stale. No jump out of your seat moments. Just looks very meh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 12:42 PM   #12
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
The running back's spin when he is tackled at 2:02 is awful. This is a really disappointing video. It doesn't look like a next gen game at all.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #13
Rookie

victorkingchamp's Arena

OVR: 3
Looks good enough for me. I didn't have a problem with madden 25's gameplay(demo, i didn't buy the game last year). My main concern was that the on field presentation was stale. The atmosphere is super important for me in a sports game. The little things like the seamless celebrations after 1st downs, tackles for loss, TDs etc is major for me.

I know my views are against the OS norm but for me its:

1. Atmosphere/Presentation
2. Gameplay (is it fun and varied)
3. Good single player modes
4. Simulation of sport
5. Graphics

A perfect example of this is NBA2K. There are plenty of things that could be fixed from a sim standpoint, but 2K does such a good job of capturing the atmosphere of the sport that those things don't really matter to me because I'm entertained overall.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19
From what's been put out thus far, I have yet to hear any "WOW" factor from the community as Next-Gen stuff is released.

Am I missing something?
Are we doing the "It's an early build"/ "Maybe Next Year" thing all over again for the Xbox1/PS4 consoles?

I've been expecting something jaw dropping by EA to be showcased since they're the only football being released on these new consoles and i'm just not seeing it at all.

Bigger, better systems but much of the same overall clunky gameplay mechanics.
(the dump to Gore to the left, he gets hit, then does some funky stumble spin-backwards for 5 yrds animation)

The other thing, and it 's major because it has carried over from current Gen, is the intensity of the Goal Line play.
It's still based off a "gap" being presented for the ball carrier to run through vs yrds/TD being earned by driving "THROUGH" contact.

There's simply no intensity by the Defense to get to the ball carrier.
The programming is still done to "allow" themselves to consistently get caught up in blocking animations that again, lack any intensity to get to/prevent the ball carrier from gaining yards.

I'm lost...
S.O.S. for Madden WOW factor on Next-Gen systems!!!
Old 06-27-2014, 01:16 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
From what's been put out thus far, I have yet to hear any "WOW" factor from the community as Next-Gen stuff is released.

Am I missing something?
Are we doing the "It's an early build"/ "Maybe Next Year" thing all over again for the Xbox1/PS4 consoles?

I've been expecting something jaw dropping by EA to be showcased since they're the only football being released on these new consoles and i'm just not seeing it at all.

Bigger, better systems but much of the same overall clunky gameplay mechanics.
(the dump to Gore to the left, he gets hit, then does some funky stumble spin-backwards for 5 yrds animation)

The other thing, and it 's major because it has carried over from current Gen, is the intensity of the Goal Line play.
It's still based off a "gap" being presented for the ball carrier to run through vs yrds/TD being earned by driving "THROUGH" contact.

There's simply no intensity by the Defense to get to the ball carrier.
The programming is still done to "allow" themselves to consistently get caught up in blocking animations that again, lack any intensity to get to/prevent the ball carrier from gaining yards.

I'm lost...
S.O.S. for Madden WOW factor on Next-Gen systems!!!
The initial reactions would be very different if there was new animations with these graphics. It's hard to not feel like you're watching the same exact game that it's been the past few years. you have to really looks hard to see the changes because they are buried beneath these animations.

i do second your point about the general lack of intensity show by the defense. I don't know what the solution is for that. I guess it starts with the players appearing to be fighting hard to get off their blocks or trying to steer their lineman and close gaps.

There isn't a lot of wow there IMO but there are def. are some upgrades.

Last edited by dghustla; 06-27-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
It doesn't look like a next gen game at all.
It really doesn't. There are so many problems in that vid my dude. Commentary, cameras, animations, this playcall screen that now covers everything up. Only thing good are the graphics.

Tiburon needs to kick rocks. They've had forever to get this all together now. Those cats are just terrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »