Home

FIFA 15 Video - Incredible Visuals

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Video - Incredible Visuals within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 15 Video - Incredible Visuals

By the way I used to love PES until this year, but this year I got PES 2014 for FREE from PSN, and it's a mess.

Awful frame rate on cut scenes and replays, ps2-level low-res textures, and to top all that off, you tap the shoot button and the ball goes over the bar every time.

Sorry but the argument that PES is better has been obliterated.

The graphics here look excellent, although it still bothers me a bit that they can't (like in PES) use the proper lettering for shirt names. It just takes away from the realism a bit. Stretching the names to fit when the devs know full well that no team does that in real life is still baffling.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #10
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Looks good. I think all of that will help bring the game to life.

But yeah, let's see some gameplay.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:43 AM   #11
Rookie

ApolloKids's Arena

OVR: 0

Can't wait to see beautiful lightning illuminating generic faces. I really wish they would have said something about how many faces they were scanning this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #12
MVP

One thing I'll credit Fifa for is constantly improving the game. I've stopped playing the Show pending a patch because gameplay took a step backward.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #13
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

FIFA 14 is the only game that's really lived up to a fun experience on the PS4 imo, mainly because the online aspect is silky smooth 99% of the time. That being said, I can't help but call EA out on marketing its "incredible visuals" and "stadium atmosphere" every single year. Sure, the game looks pretty on 1080p (especially on replays), but I really think that more can be done NOW in terms of stadium remodeling, lighting, player models, etc. No more 'improving' please; instead, I wish they would rebuild every stadium and player model for next gen to match the new consoles' capacity. The stadiums & player models (not faces) look identical to how they looked on ps3/360, and there's no denying that.

Also, on a side note, EA market every year how they've upgraded stadium specific atmosphere for every team, yet if you play a home match with AC Milan at San Siro, you'll hear the crowd chant for Ronaldinho (who hasn't donned a Milan shirt since 2010) and Gattuso (who left Milan in 2012).

If EA would pay any attention to detail, the FIFA series could be that much better, and that's saying a lot because to me it's still so enjoyable.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #14
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I love FIFA, but let me just bring up the fact thst dirty kits were in two gens ago, and never made the leap to the 360/PS3 era. So boo to it being pimped like a revolution in the series' visuals.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #15
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Looks amazing. Tough situation because the gameplay isn't like PES, and PES won't be at this point until next year since the first year a title is on new hardware is usually a port/product that does not actually take advantage of the new hardware. PES 2016 is what to judge imo, if it makes it that far.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSGuy321
Not a fan of FIFA generally -- Skipped it for pretty much last 5 years or so. I think PES has them beat in the gameplay department, which is what matters most. However, I will say that I think the Community and Mods could possible take Fifa to the next level, so I will now keep my eye on this. Combination of Ignite and Mods on PC could be enough to convert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
By the way I used to love PES until this year, but this year I got PES 2014 for FREE from PSN, and it's a mess.
C'mon, guys. We don't want a bunch of PES talk in this forum, good or bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
One thing I'll credit Fifa for is constantly improving the game. I've stopped playing the Show pending a patch because gameplay took a step backward.
Same goes for The Show. Let's keep it on topic, please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 25

All I care about is if penalties are called when and where they should for the player and CPU.

that aspect has been lacking for YEARS... Just like every other EA sports game.

Almost ZERO penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »