Home

Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

This is a discussion on Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
There really isn't any difference in DYNASTY League Baseball Online season replays other than how you choose to assign the teams (to a friend or a computer manager) it works the same way.

So yes, you could do a season replay by going to “Leagues” and clicking on the “Create Private Draft League” button. After you set up your league you would then assign all the teams to computer managers. You can assign any combination of friends and or computer managers so for example you could manage the Braves, have a friend manage the Mets and have all the other teams managed by the computer manager

You could then use the Edit roster Commissioner tool to place the players on their respective teams.

The last thing you would do is use the Schedule Builder Commissioner tool to enter your schedule. Dan Treuden posted a new Excel file that creates schedules over in the DYNASTY League Baseball Facebook group file section which is very helpful. The scheduler that would have actual MLB schedules is on the future features list along with a few other things to improve the season replay experience.

Everything is there right now where you could do your own season replay and that is how the season replay leagues like the Total Replay League are able to run right now that you see in the Private League Directory - the difference is that you would be assigning computer managers to the teams instead of friends. The easiest thing to do right now is join one of the ongoing season replay leagues since they have everything already set up and ready for you to play. If you click on the Private League Directory button and then click on the Total Replay League you can see what a season replay league looks like.

One other note is that all the contiguous seasons from 1996-2013 are available right now to start a season replay. The reason all the contiguous season are in first, is so that past season draft leagues can start from as far back as 1996 and then go to the next season (1997, 1998, 1999, etc). On our TO DO list is to make available the past seasons that are not contiguous so that you could have a single season league or replay from the past using seasons from our current season library including 1957, 1967, 1970, 1973, 1974, 1982, 1993 and 1994. These seasons just mentioned ARE available right now to be played in any ‘Series”.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #26
Rookie

League play is booming at DYNASTY League Baseball Online. More than 50 new Private Draft Leagues and Season Replay Leagues have launched over the past year. In addition, there has been 68 Greatest Team Public Leagues that have launched.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:51 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dynasty League Baseball Online Review (PC)

I love this product but I want to be able to play it solitaire. Dynasty League Baseball/Pursue the Pennant has seen plenty of my money come to them over the years and to get anymore of my patronage, I just want to play the game the way that I like to play it. I have been playing Strat-O-Matic Baseball on windows and while it is a solid product, I just would prefer to play DLB... As soon as season solitaire replay options are available, I will be back with Mr. Cieslinski and his products.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #28
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Don't think it's gonna happen, heck I have old emails saying they would have it next year and next year never comes. The intend purpose of the product certainly seems to deliver tho. I just don't think it will ever be up to the standards of a true replay type of game, meaning as on par with the rest of what's out there as far as solitary replay. But do wish them the best in the direction they are going!
Old 07-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #29
Rookie

@Yount19 Solitaire series play has been part of DYNASTY League Baseball Online with every season in the DYNASTY League Baseball Online library since 2010. Right now you can also conduct a season replay with you managing your favorite team and the other teams controlled by computer managers. The ability in the Commissioner Tools to assign teams to computer managers as well as friends was added about a month ago.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #30
Rookie

@MrMagoo. This isn't reinventing the wheel. DYNASTY League Baseball Online is the first and only real time multi-player Baseball simulation out there.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #31
Rookie

Here is the link to the Total Replay season replay league which has 25 friends and 5 computer managers playing in the league. What you can do NOW is set up a season replay with you managing your favorite team and the other teams assigned to computer managers. You can see what a season replay league looks like at the link below. The only difference in season replays are how many teams you want to assign to friends and how many to computer managers. http://www.dynastyleaguebaseball.com/League.aspx?OrgID=52766
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #32
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

True, meant it in more general terms just in regards to online baseball. Was not a very good or consice statement by me now that I think about. I do apologize.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »