Home

MLB 14 The Show: Starting a Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Starting a Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 10:28 AM   #9
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Starting a Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
They need to bring the franchise that you controlled every thing,finances fixing tickets,merchandise sales,tv revenue,setting up promotions for games etc. They haven't had that in a couple years,I don't know why they stopped having that in franchise. I like it a lot! Was it because A. It wasn't very popular B. Nobody cared about or C. Was a lot of people haven't requested to bring it back? Or am I in the minority on this? They should do a franchise mode kinda like NBA 2k! I miss the home team newspapers. I don't know why they got rid of that as well. Or was it again people could care less about it? I love the rumor mill on NBA 2k!
From my understanding was that it was pointless, as in the money made/spent by setting your franchise's finances did not tie into anything (ie budgets for players or coaches). Maybe some day it will be brought back, but not until they can make your financial decisions influence your team in some ways.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

So, an embarrassing admission: I just want to play the games and not worry about the franchise/business stuff, but I mistakenly chose franchise mode instead of season mode when I started. I'm about 15 games in, can I just continue and not worry about the franchise stuff (and not have it hurt me), or should I just restart in season mode?
Old 05-31-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigHouse
So, an embarrassing admission: I just want to play the games and not worry about the franchise/business stuff, but I mistakenly chose franchise mode instead of season mode when I started. I'm about 15 games in, can I just continue and not worry about the franchise stuff (and not have it hurt me), or should I just restart in season mode?
I am currently at the end of my first season with franchise mode. I have all the management stuff set to auto including signings and free agency and draft signings. The only thing I control is lineups/rotations/trades. I also had to adjust sliders because you gotta be a brain surgeon with quick reflexes to hit decent, but besides that its fun.

My biggest complaint is stats are not in depth enough. Like mentioned above, I miss how it used to be when I could research any player even retired ones and see how many years they played and who they played for each individual year. Little things like that make a huge difference. Especially when generic faces get added once a player changes teams from the default one he's on when the game was made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 06:55 PM   #12
Rookie

Thank you thank you thank you! I am a longtime Madden franchise guy, but I have never played a baseball franchise. I really appreciate your efforts!
Old 09-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #13
Just started!

Yea I just now got the new show14 don't like the franchise player stats and acheivments they had..threats why I play the game...so is 12 or. 13 the last game that had all that stuff ? I just converted from 2k baseball games an I liked there franchise player stats and awards....any help?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »