Home

NHL 15 Video and Screenshots - Next-Gen Hockey Player

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Video and Screenshots - Next-Gen Hockey Player within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #17
Rookie

TerminallyOdd's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15 Gameplay Series: Next-Gen Hockey Player

There is no doubt I will be buying this and overall I think it looks really nice, but I can't help but complain a bit - it seems whenever a developer tries to incorporate cloth movement, it becomes this twitchy, paper-thin silky material that is constantly moving. That doesn't describe a hockey jersey.

The shot at around :35 with Karlsson skating towards the camera is brutal, especially since the voice over is talking about jersey physics at the time. A small section of his jersey is spazzing out while the rest is motionless. It just looks odd, especially since they're stressing all the work that has gone into making the models realistic.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Cannot get over how dark the upper portions of the arenas are! They don't look like that in real life!
For the 150th time. Framerate. You're not going to be able to render all those fans, and the players on the ice, 4 refs, and the AI that goes along with it at 60fps without a better video card in either system. While they have more ram this gen the video cards are both the equivalent of a 3 year old ATI part. The PS4 Eqiv would be a AMD HD 7850 the Xbone a 7870 with some cut backs.

Or if you're talking what either would be compared to in Nvidia speak, about a 580 to mid 600 series and that's being generous.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #19
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I still want to hear some kind of confirmation that EASHL still exists. I know it would be stupid for EA to cut this mode, but the lack of information and zero pre-order bonuses for it have me wondering.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1
i wish it was on pc to really push the graphics. Oh well i'll settle for it on ps4
Old 07-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #21
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
For the 150th time. Framerate. You're not going to be able to render all those fans, and the players on the ice, 4 refs, and the AI that goes along with it at 60fps without a better video card in either system. While they have more ram this gen the video cards are both the equivalent of a 3 year old ATI part. The PS4 Eqiv would be a AMD HD 7850 the Xbone a 7870 with some cut backs.

Or if you're talking what either would be compared to in Nvidia speak, about a 580 to mid 600 series and that's being generous.
Why are you talking to me as if I am a child, first off?

Everything is still being rendered up there, it is just in the dark. It isn't like they skipped out on putting the fans in those seats or banners hanging from the ceilings. They just feel as though the light would create shadows up in those areas, which they simply do not to the extent that this game represents. It isn't a huge deal, it is not like you can see those areas when playing from most gameplay cameras anyway, but during off action shots it really takes away from the ambience of the rinks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #22
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

I was a little skeptical when they fist released Burgeron's face since it looked nothing like him but after seeing RNH and Iggy, I'm a little less worried.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Why are you talking to me as if I am a child, first off?

Everything is still being rendered up there, it is just in the dark. It isn't like they skipped out on putting the fans in those seats or banners hanging from the ceilings. They just feel as though the light would create shadows up in those areas, which they simply do not to the extent that this game represents. It isn't a huge deal, it is not like you can see those areas when playing from most gameplay cameras anyway, but during off action shots it really takes away from the ambience of the rinks.
Right, but they are likely not near as detailed and you're taxing the hardware less that way not having dynamic lights in a section you likely can't even see while you're playing. When you answer the same question at least a dozen times it tends to get old after awhile.

Blame Sony and MS for cheaping out on hardware, hell blame MS even more for going with DDR3 ram rather than DDR5 and killing their chances this gen entirely because of it.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #24
Rookie

when they say gameplay they mean it is not CG.. It is actual in game play... I know what you guys are looking for though. You are looking for people actually playing the game. I just want to clarify what game play means to developers though. Like Sizzle trailers are gameplay that highlight specific aspects of the game, but that does not mean it isnt game play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »