Home

Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #17
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 - War In The Trenches 2.0 Gameplay Trailer

I don't want to waste my data package to rewatch the video again, but can someone tell me if the following two happens:
(A) after the flag has been thrown, if the (or multiple) offensive lineman points at the offside defensive lineman
(B) did the QB still have the ability to throw a pass downfield to take advantage of the penalty. (i.e. Free play).

Edit: I remember seeing (i think) one of the Giants sliding to double. True step, real foot planting needs to be heavily addressed for 16. Lots of the double team animation looks scripted in the waythe double engages.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 07-09-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Have they said whether this locks control to one player for the entire play? I would think that's how it would have to be regarding online play at least, as there's no reasonable way to move the camera to the viewpoint of a new player while a play is going on (cutting is too abrupt, panning is too slow, and you can't slow down the game during the switch in a multiplayer game).
Old 07-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I liked the video and think this is an improvement over what has been there but two questions.

1). Will the CPU/AI controlled players use all these new moves, especially "steering the Lineman"? Even a laymen like me can see that there are many missing contextual animations to account for everything that happens in the trenches but if the CPU/AI players use these added controls, at least general pass rush has a chance of being better.

2) At what point will Player Sense be fleshed out enough so blockers show awareness of being beat? Maybe it's because there aren't any good "beat" animations for blockers but the fact that as soon as a blocker is beat, they just instantly keep looking ahead/heading forward, with no awareness of a defender just got by them, really stands out, in a bad way.
Same exact problems I had.

1. What is the point of only having the user utilize the steering. The AI should be smart enough to utilize this at this stage. It would make the game so much more dynamic.

2. There's way to much win or lose. Once you're beat you're beat. It's like lineman just give up. Could be used just to show off the moves, but knowing Madden, it's not. I saw way too many lineman hit the ground. I would love to see more struggle and not have it look so "arcadey". The instant pressure after the move kills the look.

There just needs to be a better flow for animations and interaction. I want to see beautiful mayhem in the trenches.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 07-09-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #20
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I definitely like the ideas that they have in regards to this. Won't know if I like the actual implementation from a video or blog, however.

I do know that despite me liking the idea, I don't like the way it actually looks in the game. Don't get me wrong, some of the new animations look really good, but it only stands to contrast the old ones and make them look that much worse.

It's really a shame.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #21
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I don't want to waste my data package to rewatch the video again, but can someone tell me if the following two happens:
(A) after the flag has been thrown, if the (or multiple) offensive lineman points at the offside defensive lineman
(B) did the QB still have the ability to throw a pass downfield to take advantage of the penalty. (i.e. Free play).
No the lineman didn't point at the defensive lineman. I believe the defensive lineman touched an offensive lineman so the whistle was blown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Nobody pointed, I didn't see a flag thrown and it only stayed on the normal view for a split second before cutting to the coach. It was an encroachment penalty and not offsides, thus the play was dead.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #23
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

It's coming guys, 15 is the Turning Point. In the next two years this game will become amazing!!!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #24
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovie832
The tackle on pierre thomas looked awful. That's been in the game for what 5 years? Sick of seeing it
That animation is beyond ridiculous. It is obvious that there is no effort given by the runner to escape, nor the defender to actually hold the runner. It's like they are just pretending to play Football. Like it's WWE or something.

How does that make it into a game made by a CS student in his/her basement, let alone a a game made by a giant dev studio that works for the 2nd largest videogame publisher?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »