Home

EA SPORTS PGA TOUR Interview with Executive Producer, Brent Nielsen

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS PGA TOUR Interview with Executive Producer, Brent Nielsen within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA SPORTS PGA TOUR Interview with Executive Producer, Brent Nielsen

Examiner has posted their interview with Brent Nielsen, Executive Producer for EA Sports PGA Tour. There were quite a few feature specific questions he couldn't answer at this time, but he does give a few more details about the game, scheduled to arrive in the Spring of 2015.

Quote:
Before, if you hit the ball off the beaten path, even if it was still in play in real life, like in the trees, we would just say it was out of bounds and put you in a drop spot. Now if you want to say “I wonder if there’s a way to get to the green or fairway from here in a different way” you can do it. Much like Bubba Watson in the playoff hole at the Masters, you can take any angle and we are not limiting your shots.

Source - Examiner
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
I might be in the minority here, but I'm totally getting this game if it has kinect support for motion controls. Sure, I like playing EA's golf games with a controller, but if I can swing with my arms and a fake club, that would be fantastic.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: EA SPORTS PGA TOUR Interview with Executive Producer, Brent Nielsen

LOL... they sat down and had a discussion with Brent about this game at E3? Heck, they could have got this much information passing him in the hallway!? He didn't have much to allow??

I still don't know any more about this game than I did before. I'm not saying it might not have merit, I just haven't heard or read anything specifically that rings my bell.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
LOL... they sat down and had a discussion with Brent about this game at E3? Heck, they could have got this much information passing him in the hallway!? He didn't have much to allow??

I still don't know any more about this game than I did before. I'm not saying it might not have merit, I just haven't heard or read anything specifically that rings my bell.
Yea, I agree. It also feels like they are doing a "Wait and see what TGC does and we'll go off of that" approach.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Question: Will there be a change to the atmosphere of the game such as in playoff situations?

Answer: That Battlefield map sure is cool! Crashing ship! Woo!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 02:38 AM   #6
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

The answer to almost every question is "more details to come later." What a joke of an interview, he basically just talked about the trailer and Frostbite, you know, everything we already learned at E3.

By the time this comes out I'll be so heavily involved in TGC that I probably want even notice. Although, if they still include Augusta it will be hard to ignore.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

That was an interview?

Q: Will this or that be in the game?
A: I'll tell you later

Q: Can you comment on this or that?
A: I'll tell you later

Only thing significant from that interview is that the game releases next Spring and is using Frostbite 3. Other than that...

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-24-2014, 12:32 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have a real problem with these comments from Brent Nielsen. I'm a ex-tester with EA. in fact I was a lead for the first Tiger Woods game for the PS2. When mentioning about the type of courses for the game and he stated that the fantasy courses was a hit for DLC, he couldn't be further from the truth. EA has to go back to its roots and continue to make golf titles more simulated. Whenever a new golf title comes out, people want to see what its like to play at a Sawgrass or Pebble Beach. Not on an Aircraft Carrier off the coast of some fantasy beach. I know by having this in the game, its paying respect to the Frostbite engine but the loyal and dedicated fans has earned a more traditional, simulated golf experience. Not a Mario Brothers Golf experience......

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »