Home

FIFA 15 Cover Art For US & Canada Features Clint Dempsey and Lionel Messi

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Cover Art For US & Canada Features Clint Dempsey and Lionel Messi within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 15 Cover Art For US & Canada Features Clint Dempsey and Lionel Messi

With the official FIFA 15 cover art released earlier in the week, EA Sports has released the regional covers for US and Canada with more on the way for other regions.

FIFA 15 is scheduled to arrive on September 23rd in North America, September 25th in Europe and September 26th in the UK.

For more news, videos and screenshots of FIFA 15, visit our official page.

Read the full press release below.

Tifo Display Revealing Dempsey’s FIFA 15 Cover Art Unveiled during the Seattle Sounders FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friendly

SEATTLE, Wash. – July 19, 2014 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced that US Men’s National Team Captain and Seattle Sounders FC star midfielder, Clint Dempsey, will appear on the North American cover of FIFA 15, sharing the honors with global football sensation Lionel Messi. The reveal was made at the start of today’s Sounders FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur friendly with a Tifo display unveiled across the Xbox Green Zone at CenturyLink Field. This will mark the first time that an American has appeared on the game’s cover since 2011.

Dempsey, who led the US Men’s National Team to a heroic performance in the 2014 FIFA World Cup, is considered one of the best American soccer players in history. He made and broke records during the tournament, netting the fifth fastest goal of all time with a strike in the first 29 seconds of the USA vs. Ghana opener, and became the first American to score goals in three consecutive World Cups. The 31-year-old forward spent seven seasons in the Barclays Premier League before returning to the United States to join the Seattle Sounders FC, cementing himself as one of the biggest stars in Major League Soccer.

“Clint Dempsey is a world class athlete that embodies the heart and soul of the sport,” said Stuart Lang, VP of North America Marketing, Electronic Arts. “He showed his lethal combination of grace and toughness at the World Cup, and plays with enormous heart and determination on the pitch. He is the perfect ambassador for FIFA 15, a game that’s all about bringing the emotion and intensity of the sport to life.”

“It’s an amazing opportunity in my career to be on the cover for FIFA 15, a game that has played a big role in growing the popularity of the sport in America,” said Dempsey. “To join the class of other elite athletes who have appeared on previous covers is very humbling and I am extremely grateful for this honor.”

FIFA 15 brings football to life in stunning detail so fans can experience the emotion of the sport like never before. Witness the intensity of crowds chanting and cheering on match day, and listen to commentators guide fans through the story of the game with Dynamic Match Presentation. For the first time ever, all 22 players on the pitch are connected with Emotional Intelligence allowing players to react to opponents and teammates within the context, and relative to the narrative of the match. Football is the greatest drama on earth and FIFA 15 puts fans center stage, allowing them to feel the emotion and intensity of the world’s greatest sport.

FIFA 15, developed at EA Canada, will release worldwide in September on PC, Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, and is available for pre-order** now at http://www.origin.com and other retailers. A version of FIFA 15 will also release on the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Wii™, Nintendo 3DS™, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system this Fall. Not all game features are available on all gaming platforms.

Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-19-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 15 Cover Art For US & Canada Features Clint Dempsey and Lionel Messi

How funny would it have been if Dempsey was wearing the Sounders kit on the PS4.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

OVR: 8

Is it just me or do both of the Dempsey cuts look really bad?

I honestly thought someone had just done a quick PS job when I first looked at it, I had to scroll up to make sure it was an official thing.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
lol nice marketing EA.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:52 PM   #5
MVP

MJHSpanda57's Arena

OVR: 18

Dempsey doesn't even look like Dempsey on the ps4 version lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
It will be very lame if CenturyLink isn't in the game.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #7
Rookie

hogfanhw81's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
It will be very lame if CenturyLink isn't in the game.
Unfortunately having MLS stadia in the game doesn't have the world-wide appeal that the Europeans do.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #8
Rookie

thatzacdavis's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope they do a little more work on these covers. They look rough.

But I'm glad to see Dempsey on the cover. Would have been better to have Donovan though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »