Home

NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

When it was released in 2004, NFL 2K5 was one of the best playing and best presented sports games you could find. For the bargain-bin price of $20, you could get gameplay and features which rivaled any full priced sports game at the time — if not wholly surpassing them.

Fast forward 10 years and there are still aspects of NFL 2K5 which have aged pretty well — but there are also things which would be cardinal sins to sports gamers today. NFL 2K5 definitely wasn’t a perfect game, but it was about as good as you could imagine a game could be 10 years ago, which is one of the highest compliments you can give a game.

Read More - NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic
Platform: PS2 / Xbox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
All time classic? Please....
Old 07-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1
My favorite football game. All time classic. I miss the days when u could go to gamestop and pick up two football games.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
Rookie

2k5 was solid, but Madden 05 was legendary in my book...second only to Madden 02. I wish 2k still had the opportunity to make NFL games because they were advancing at an extraordinary rate.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Hated this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Everytime I think back to how great NFL 2k5 was, I can't help but imagine where football gaming would be had 2k still been making NFL 2k. Madden 2005 was also a good game but took a huge turn for the worse on the jump to PS3/Xbox360, and Madden has been the slowest evolving AAA sports franchise. If you look at Madden 15, you think it's great to see the team finally making the right improvements (though this has been said before). However, I feel Madden 15 is going to be the Madden that should have been accomplished last gen, minus obvious graphic improvements. In my opinion, not one Madden held a candle up to NFL 2k5 all of last gen. This is what also keeps NFL 2k5 so relevant - not just where NFL 2k would've been today, but the idea of where Madden would be had they still had 2k as competition.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jershy88
2k5 was solid, but Madden 05 was legendary in my book...second only to Madden 02. I wish 2k still had the opportunity to make NFL games because they were advancing at an extraordinary rate.
I agree madden 05 and the introduction of the hitstick was legendary... The Espn presentation is the only thing this game had going for them in my opinion.. The ball floated when passed were thrown and/or deflected, player models looked like blitz players, and the game was played in slow motion
Old 07-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4
A game that was way ahead of it's time. There is stuff in that game that they still haven't re-produced 10 years later. The best thing about this game was that it cost EA huge dollars to corner the NFL market...not a good thing for gamers but good to see someone at least challenge EASports.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »