Home

Madden NFL 15 Blog and Screenshots - War in the Trenches 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Blog and Screenshots - War in the Trenches 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 15 Blog and Screenshots - War in the Trenches 2.0

All these new features sound great and I'm excited. But I feel like they should say right out what features made it into last gen. Hopefully they'll have a blog about it soon. I would rather be bummed now rather than later lol.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #10
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Madden NFL 15 Blog and Screenshots - War in the Trenches 2.0

I have yet to see a bad blog this year However I don't think I have seen one in the past years either and it been bad when released. So I will stay cautiously optimistic.

A good blog though. Just hope it lives up to what they are saying.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-21-2014, 02:54 PM   #11
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
The pocket forming, which was supposed to be in M25, seems to actually be happening in M15. Like seeing that.
I just went back to watch a couple pass plays from the stream and I notice that while the Tackles do seem to dropping back deeper to form a better pocket, it doesn't seem to be effecting the drop back depth of the QB, forcing them to utilize or step up in that pocket. So my question is, considering what they stated about having "wide" dline calls have defenders attack the outside shoulder, shouldn't that theoretically apply on pass plays or be tuned to?

So when playing someone that has a habit of dropping back outside the of the pocket, not just rolling out of it, shouldn't that wide attack by the end rushers be made to easily get around blockers to make the sack and deter deep drop backs or no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28
Sounds spectacular like usual, just worried about a few things. For instance, what if I do not wish to user the D line, but I have a team with 4 absolute studs up front. Will those stud pass rushers utilize these mechanics on their own to get pressure, or do I have to user them to see any of it? By not making the AI perform these moves renders my other 10 players nearly useless if they are not utilizing the same tools as I would. In the presentation, it was stated that we could depend on our AI controlled players to do their job, but does that include players on the D line or anyone playing at the line of scrimmage?
Old 07-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #13
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Sounds spectacular like usual, just worried about a few things. For instance, what if I do not wish to user the D line, but I have a team with 4 absolute studs up front. Will those stud pass rushers utilize these mechanics on their own to get pressure, or do I have to user them to see any of it? By not making the AI perform these moves renders my other 10 players nearly useless if they are not utilizing the same tools as I would. In the presentation, it was stated that we could depend on our AI controlled players to do their job, but does that include players on the D line or anyone playing at the line of scrimmage?
After reading this I tried to see if I could find any CPU/AI controlled players utilizing the new dline moves in the streamed game play, I didn't. Hopefully they can get that tuned prerelease or first patch, considering they are touting counting on AI defenders to do their job, like you stated and they claim to want realistic time in the pocket. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #14
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Great question and something I will be looking for in any future gameplay streams. I really want to use a team with a great front four in my offline CFM this year and I like to user the safety to I really hope the CPU (on BOTH sides of the ball) utilizes their pass-rush/d-line abilities to the fullest

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #15
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by munky1307
I've been critical/skeptical in the past but it really seems like this team "gets it". They are shoring up past issues and really building a foundation that is leading more to the sim side. Sure there are issues with player movement and tackle animations but its a lot of steps in the right direction.

I'm just hoping they fixed formation subs....
My thoughts exactly. Madden hasn't been a steaming pile of poo, but it really hasn't been a good game for me the past few years. Just ok, good enough for me to get my NFL fix for a few months. I'm not expecting any miracles. But, Rex and his team have me optimistic about Madden, this year and beyond. As always, the end product will ultimately tell the story. But I respect (and will support) the effort by this team to fix Madden and hopefully deliver the NFL experience we have been craving in time. Good stuff the past few days!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'll say it again about this team of Rex, Clint and the rest of the gang, they seem to talk the talk.

That interview from November I asked if them if they will create a feature and take it out the next year and Rex stated, those days are gone.

Looks like they are holding to that at this time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »