Home

Madden NFL 15 Screenshots & Blog - Player Sense 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Screenshots & Blog - Player Sense 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #9
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 15 Screenshots & Blog - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The only thing that worries me is, with the players reacting better, being smarter and moving faster, is that with these unrealistic movements somethings could become frustrating. I want them to make plays obviously and be tough, but I still saw instances in the trailer where players legs clipped through each to get into position. That shuffling, back pedaling and turning has to be fixed next year. The turning is much better on Madden 15, but the back pedaling and shuffling is still bad.

I just hate seeing a players legs clip through his own legs, it just looks absolutely horrible, and this movement was used to help players get to position faster. The clipping and sliding must go.
This. I saw that as well. Ultimately, I will take it for better defense tho.

Something else that worries me tho, is the good coverage players really need to be differentiated from the bad coverage players. Not everyone should be playing perfect cover 2 coverage. Some guys should be playing it the old way because their coverage ratings are low. We know how EA overdoes thing. I'm just hoping every Cb isn't a Revis Island now.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #10
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6
that sounds pretty great, but i hope that patriots stripe is red by time the game drops
Old 07-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #11
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

The screens look pretty slick man. I know that really doesn't mean anything important, but can't help but notice.

I have read all about this Player Sense 2.0 for a while now. I need to see it with my own eyes before really making a judgment. In the limited gameplay footage we have seen so far I honestly haven't seen too much of these new features yet. Hoping to get some real solid gameplay vids soon.

Also, I really hope EA has worked on "Coach Sense" so CPU playcalling isn't repetitive and brain dead along with their game management and roster handling.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
This. I saw that as well. Ultimately, I will take it for better defense tho.

Something else that worries me tho, is the good coverage players really need to be differentiated from the bad coverage players. Not everyone should be playing perfect cover 2 coverage. Some guys should be playing it the old way because their coverage ratings are low. We know how EA overdoes thing. I'm just hoping every Cb isn't a Revis Island now.
Yes - but at the NFL level I'd like to see players ATTEMPTING to do their job. Don't make my corner run in a circle or go off on some crazy path just because he's not very good. The weaker corners, for example, will react slower, and quite simply, will still make attempts at making plays, they will just make fewer of them. Not having realistic player movement really damages this game, because under the hood lies the potential to be great, but without realistic player movement AND interactions (the interactions need a lot of work too), some of it is just not prevalent.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #13
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

If it all works like the way they described then that will be great. Hopefully they get the stripe color on the Pats uniform fixed.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 7
If I am still playing THIS Madden after 3 months then ill be satisfied. The past couple of Madden stopped holding my interest due to the same issues. I have faith in this one.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
If it all works like the way they described then that will be great. Hopefully they get the stripe color on the Pats uniform fixed.
I don't know if it will make a difference, but I brought it to their attention on Twitter today. We'll see...it's correct in Madden 25.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #16
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Two things I took from reading and observing without much judgement.

1) looks like defenders are swatting more than previous years which is very much needed. If they can implement more swats instead of always interceptions, they can keep tuning the passing game making passes a lot more inaccurate.

2) After this article, one thing is clear - they do seem to undertand the issues of the game and know how it works in real life in attempt to fix it, now if they can fully implement it into the game is yet to be seen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »