Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Improvements Blog and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Improvements Blog and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #17
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 15 Deep Dive Gameplay Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Would assume very few and be surprised by anything substantial.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. Last generation jump the old xbox and PS2 still had michaels and Madden as the commentators. and the next gen had the radio guy.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #18
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

The wind meter finally works?!? Day one purchase now. But seriously, that was a good read and game sounds great so far. Lots of small and steady improvements, ready for some cfm info

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 07-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Looking great! Def love improvements to the kicking gm! Fixed n more realistic!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

I like what they said about the Adaptive A.I and Kick Meter, both long overdue, hopefully it works as advertised.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

"By simply pressing Y, Y (Xbox One) or Triangle, Triangle (PlayStation 4) at the line of scrimmage, any defender in a hook, buzz, or flat zone will now drop to the first down marker to try and keep everything in front of them. The risk is that defenders protecting the sticks will not attempt to leverage a route that extends beyond the first down marker."

Am I misunderstanding this, or are they saying that if you select protect the sticks, your defense won't defend anything past the first down marker? I was under the impression that protecting the sticks meant to try and keep the ball in front of the first down marker. For example, on 3rd and 9, don't protect the short routes, drop everyone to the first down marker and beyond and force the offense to throw the ball underneath and you tackle them before they get to the marker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #22
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
"By simply pressing Y, Y (Xbox One) or Triangle, Triangle (PlayStation 4) at the line of scrimmage, any defender in a hook, buzz, or flat zone will now drop to the first down marker to try and keep everything in front of them. The risk is that defenders protecting the sticks will not attempt to leverage a route that extends beyond the first down marker."

Am I misunderstanding this, or are they saying that if you select protect the sticks, your defense won't defend anything past the first down marker? I was under the impression that protecting the sticks meant to try and keep the ball in front of the first down marker. For example, on 3rd and 9, don't protect the short routes, drop everyone to the first down marker and beyond and force the offense to throw the ball underneath and you tackle them before they get to the marker.
The key in your quote is only the defensive players in specific coverage assignments are the ones that adjust.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2014, 10:23 PM   #23
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I know it's immature and it was just a typo but still made me chuckle.

"A revamped Kick Meter has been added, complete with kick distance and landing spot visuals that help user’s asses where their kick is projected to go."

Anyway, nice write up, glad to get more details on the kick aspects. Also I hope adaptive AI covers more than just CPU QBs, I remember something from way earlier in the cycle about the defense finally keying in on the same play calls.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Good read but I was disappointed with the adaptive AI bit. When I first saw those words I got excited, but after reading the description it sounds more like on high difficulties the AI QB knows your play.

It will be a good improvement if the following comes with it:
1. Plays with disguised coverages actually fool the AI. Say I am in Cover 2 show 3, the AI QB better not audible to a play that can beat Cover 2.
2. Defense needs to do the same. If I constantly beat the AI defense with certain route combinations the AI should wise up to it.
3. Don't give the AI QB the entire playbook to call audibles from. They better have the same limitation as us.
4. Ratings better still matter on all madden difficulty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »