Home

Madden NFL 15 Top Defensive Ends

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Top Defensive Ends within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #9
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Top Defensive Ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I agree that, assuming the legal stuff has no factor, Hardy belongs on the list big time. I think it goes beyond even sacks. He is super disruptive. A lot of people just look at sacks and that's it, those are the people who think Shaun Phillips was as good a player as JJ Watt last season. There is much more to it than that. I think BOTH of Carolina's ends are superb, I've watched them consistently wreck havoc on almost a play-by-play basis in multiple games.
Most of his production came against lesser opponents last year and quite a few backups. Also has stellar teammates up front to give him lots of opportunities. Solid player but wouldn't put him ahead of these 5. Not sure i'd put him ahead of Chandler jones either. Curious to see how good Sheldon Richardson will be

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 07-26-2014, 01:41 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Most of his production came against lesser opponents last year and quite a few backups. Also has stellar teammates up front to give him lots of opportunities. Solid player but wouldn't put him ahead of these 5. Not sure i'd put him ahead of Chandler jones either. Curious to see how good Sheldon Richardson will be
Ya so does those other top 6 guys. You can pretty much say that about any top player in the league. They all have team mates that help them to get that kind of production. But still Hardy deserve top 6 in my opinion. But again that is just my opinion tho.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #11
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

3/5 of them play in the 3-4 scheme (0)_(0)

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #12
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Wow does the game ever look impressive in this set of shots.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #13
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Glad to see Calais Campbell up there. Probably the most underrated player in the NFL. Can't believe he has never made the pro bowl.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherBeast_OS
They shouldn't do it. The guy guilty verdict is temp. He is going to court next off season in front a jury. Until then there is no way EA should give Hardy a middle finger. The guy had back to back double sack seasons. Last season he had 15 sacks and 56 tackles. Wilkerson shouldn't even be on the top 6. Hardy at the very least should be number 5 or 6 on the list. I don't understand why EA screwed Hardy out of the top 6 spots.

Side note : Why should Hardy off the field problems have to do with the ratings in a Madden game. It shouldn't period. Ratings only should have to do with on the field work. And he is one of the best DE in league right now. And if he has another 10+ sack season and is not found guilty next off season. Be sure by next year whether it is the Panthers or any other team. Hardy will be the highest paid DE in the league by this time next year. You can take that to the bank.
Wilkerson and Hardy can't be compared since they play in different schemes. Wilkerson is a 3-4 end, Hardy is a 4-3 end, they have very different responsibilities. Both players are among the best in the league at what they do; Wilkerson stops the run and gets some pressure, Hardy rushes the passer. Although I do think Hardy belongs in the top tier of DE.

Last edited by michiganfan8620; 07-26-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
3/5 of them play in the 3-4 scheme (0)_(0)

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Well, 6 DE's are listed (3 3-4, 2 4-3, 1 multiple (Jordan). And what's the problem with 3-4 DE's? They are just as necessary as 4-3 DE's, and should be rated highly as well. Just because 4-3 DEs traditionally get more sacks doesn't make them better players. 3-4 DEs are traditionally stronger and better against the run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Madden rates players based on their ability to current players meaning 99 is the best in the league, not the perfect player.

As everyone says, they NEED to make it 99 is the best player ever. 90's would be elite, 80's great, 70s starter, 60's borderline starter, 50's and under.
They would never do this. People including NFLers would complain "so & so" is rated too low.

But I think that would really separate the Drew Brees' from the Carson Palmers of the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »