Home

NHL 15 Screenshot - James van Riemsdyk

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Screenshot - James van Riemsdyk within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2014, 06:58 PM   #17
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 15 Screenshot - James van Riemsdyk

That's pretty much spot on...except the face...and the gear.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
Why's it even matter? We all know it'll be like the last gen and they wont have any of the helmets and other gear that the players actually wear anyway, so it's not like faces that are off make it look any less authentic. I'm not sure how Madden can include every helmet produced since 1980, yet NHL takes out all of the helmets that the top players actually wear in favor of "newer" stuff that not one NHL player wears in a game.
It has always left me scratching my head that Madden has tons of visor options (a sport that a minority of players actually wear visors), while NHL (a sport where a majority of players now wear visors) has only 2 different visor models and only 1 manufacturer.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #19
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I'd say for a video game it looks pretty damn good!
hmmm....did you see the NBA 2k14 for PS4? This picture from EA is far from the actual JVR...except the mole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I'd say it looks pretty spot-on. The lighting is different in the in-game render and those posted pictures. I think with less dramatic lighting on his face it would look even better in relation to the pictures.
hmmm...look at the lips, i'm very sure its not because of the lighting.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #20
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
Repeat after me, it's a video game, it's a video game. Looks close enough for me, but really I don't care all that much about 100% player likeness, you aren't staring at player faces while you're playing except during goal celebrations if even then.
Repeat after me....GAMEPLAY...GAMEPLAY...GAMEPLAY...GAMEPLAY.

Since most gamers don't stare at players face...why EA is wasting its limited resources on faces??? Why not improve the GAMEPLAY...GAMEPLAY...GAMEPLAY? How about the different modes such as BaGM (offline) and Living a Life?
Old 07-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #21
Pro

PensDynasty87's Arena

OVR: 0

GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, GAMEPLAY, I agree enough with the screenshots
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #22
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

THIS is what I grew up playing so seeing this looks amazing...ya`ll nitpick too much man. Your acting like you plan on pausing the game to go get a bottle of lotion and a towel man...lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BOS.jpg (11.4 KB, 57 views)
Old 07-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
Maybe explain this to EA, since they are hot to trot with all these players they keep showing off. Funny how gameplay got pushed aside in favour of flashy new arenas and player "likeness". Gee, I wonder where the budget was spent?
And most of the player likeness shots they've shown are either really close or spot on. Cept not to the usual naysayers who naysay every year regardless.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Repeat after me....GAMEPLAY...GAMEPLAY...GAMEPLAY...GAMEPLAY.

Since most gamers don't stare at players face...why EA is wasting its limited resources on faces??? Why not improve the GAMEPLAY...GAMEPLAY...GAMEPLAY? How about the different modes such as BaGM (offline) and Living a Life?
We went over this already, they'll show gameplay closer to release and the demo will be out in about a month anyway. Patience is a virtue. This isn't any different than the last 3 years at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »