Home

MLB 14 The Show: How to Improve the Presentation

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: How to Improve the Presentation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #9
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB Network integration would be supreme. I would love a weekly highlight type show. Focus on great performances, then as the trade deadline approaches talk about trade block rumors, pennant races and once a month do a feature on A.L and N.L player and pitchers of the month. I would love this in franchise mode. Just doing that one thing (like NFL2K5 did so brilliantly 10 years ago) would make franchise mode on The Show the greatest franchise mode ever in console sports game history.

The Show is already deep and pretty immersive. But just adding some media flair and flavor would go a long ways to sweetening the overall experience. If Madden could also follow suit like NCAA14 CFM would be that much better as well.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: MLB 14 The Show: How to Improve the Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Excellent ...excellent points.

I would like to add on....going of your later point of a "look in" at other games.
While this year is better in terms of relaying info to the current series and later in the season....some things going on in the league....I feel that THIS is the area where the Show really needs to ramp things up.

I'm not sure if it's possible to load up two games simultaneously in order to have the announcers break to an important game (other than yours) in the league for a VISUAL look in....but they could certainly figure a way to grab info about the game(it's on the ticker!) and have the announcers talk about it.
Whether it be an important milestone....a great performance(cycle...no hitter...etc) .....a standings related/playoff run.....a trade....injuries....etc.
I know guys scream for more stat overlays....but I watch a lot of games and maybe it's just SNY...but I don't get a ton of those stat overlays in those games. A few more would be nice...but I think more info on league wide happenings would be more beneficial. Showing the standings more(entire league)....showing the hot/cold players for the team you are playing.....showing the recent call ups and disabled players(MLB) for the team you are playing and the upcoming team on the schedule......minor league players stats...and for that matter talking about your minor league team and the "big names" from the minors around the league.
Trade talk....there should be something around the trade deadline about possible players that might be moved(your teams AND league wide)....they could pull this right from the trade block.
Outside of games....a weekly wrap up show(visual)...might be out of the realm...but how about a "radio talk show" that plays (pulling info from everywhere there is league info)
A history/almanac section

Year to year stats...
A top prospect page
A team prospect page(top 5 from each team)

There is more......

M.K.
Knight165

Exactly and making sure it can be done while using 30 team control.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5
Multiple broadcast partners!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 04:08 PM   #12
MVP

They really need to fix the framerate on the overall cutscenes. Really hurts the immersion and fun of the game.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:51 PM   #13
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

I would love to see all those additions you have mentioned...Well said
Old 07-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #14
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

In regards to the cut-ins/looks to other games, I'd be happy with what NFL 2K5 did and have pre-determined scenes. Make a bunch of different scenes that can play out (big strikeout, HR, RBI double, diving catches, etc) and just insert whatever teams you're cutting to. I would be ecstatic.

Watch me play video games
Old 07-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #15
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
An additional commentary team. Don't get rid of the current one! And like you said, greater league awareness. I hate the fact there are no storylines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #16
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Like someone else said: it feels like I'm playing a bubble, seperate from the rest of the league and outside world. I wish they'd bring back the newspaper article, or something similar. If the show can improve on the moving mouths and such, I'd like to actually see Matt V and co. in the booth, pregame.

And what about an on-the-field reporter in the camera well? Speaking of the camera/media well near the dugouts, how about putting some more reproters with cameras down there? Flash bulbs etc. Make me feel like my games count and are truly worth something.

I would love a FoxSports or an MLB Network style presentation. This game has had a good run with their own, but lets be real, they have the same instrumentals and what not since MB 07 on PS2 days. I say time to integrate, IF possible, a real life style of presentation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »