Home

Madden NFL 15 - Some More Player Ratings: Julio Jones, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 - Some More Player Ratings: Julio Jones, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #17
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Some More Player Ratings: Julio Jones, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan & Mor

I wonder who has the worst accuracy
Old 07-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #18
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Some More Player Ratings: Julio Jones, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan & Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
If Tim Tebow is a free agent, I'd assume he'd be the worst. Still, I hope he's in.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:39 PM   #19
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

I was thinking about an 87 for Romo personally. I'll take it I guess.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 07-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
brady quinn??? talk about randomness

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
The ratings guy took over the madden twitter for a little bit this afternoon and answered a few questions people had about players, which is why Brady Quinn and Marquette King were brought up.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #21
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
If its anyone other than Geno Smith it is a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #22
Rookie

Letemburn's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL You're kidding, right? 71 would be more accurate.
Classic Romo hate. Nothing new...

I would ask you..

"Did you actually watch all of his games and not just watch BSPN?"

"One of the top statistical QB's year in and year out."

You will come back with...

"LOLOLOL look at all of his blown games."

"Homo cant win in the playoffs!"

I will come back with..

"You can put those losses on many more guys then just Romo."

"Look at all the games he brought us back in and won(more come backs then blown games)"

and last to "look up who has the highest 4th qtr QB rating in the NFL since he became starter? "

Then it could go on and on and on...

Last edited by Letemburn; 07-31-2014 at 05:06 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:57 AM   #23
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letemburn
Classic Romo hate. Nothing new...

I will ask you..

"Did you actually watch all of his games and not just watch BSPN?"

"One of the top statistical QB's year in and year out."

You will come back with...

"LOLOLOL look at all of his blown games."

"Homo cant win in the playoffs!"

I will come back with..

"You can put those losses on many more guys then just Romo."

"Look at all the games he brought us back in and won(more come backs then blown games)"

and last to "look up who has the highest 4th qtr QB rating in the NFL since he became starter? "

Then it could go on and on and on...No thanks, appreciate the offer...you can never change a Romo/Cowboy haters opinion. Not gonna try.
So this is you not trying? Let it go. Romo's just not that good. Put any 2nd stronger in at QB and you'll see an improvement compared to Romo. He's mediocre at best. I honestly don't see how he's still a starter.

Oh wait, I probably should have put that in quotes and said I'm not gonna say that...nah, I think you should know it.

I would be alright with a 91 Romo, if Brady wasn't 93. Brady's only 2 points better than Romo? I can't even conceive a possible scenario where someone could even make that argument much less that argument being true.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:00 AM   #24
Rookie

Letemburn's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarMor123
So this is you not trying? Let it go. Romo's just not that good. Put any 2nd stronger in at QB and you'll see an improvement compared to Romo. He's mediocre at best. I honestly don't see how he's still a starter.

Oh wait, I probably should have put that in quotes and said I'm not gonna say that...nah, I think you should know it.

I would be alright with a 91 Romo, if Brady wasn't 93. Brady's only 2 points better than Romo? I can't even conceive a possible scenario where someone could even make that argument much less that argument being true.
My first post was to try and avoid all of this but oh well, here we go...

Im not saying Romo is our savior and the best QB to ever play the game. I simply posted my opinion that I feel Romo was deserving of his rating and for some reason that was comical and you(?) suggested a 71-72 overall I think it was? If that isn't a biased opinion I dont know what is. Heck, maybe mine is even a little biased. Maybe you can knock him down a point or two. But with the way many QBs are rated every year, (outside of Brady's under rating this year) I feel 91 is very fair.

Let me try to explain to you why i feel Romo is very deserving of his rating...

Romo is 5th (4th among active QBs) in QB rating in NFL HISTORY only behind Aaron Rodgers, Peyton, Steve Young, and Rivers.

Romo is 6th (5th among active QBs) in pass completion % in NFL HISTORY.

Romo is 6th (20th in NFL HISTORY) among active QBs in comebacks.

Romo is 8th (31st in NFL HISTORY) among active QBs in TD's.

Romo is 10th among active QBs in passing yards, passes completed, and total yards.

Romo is 3rd (9th in NFL HISTORY) among active QBs in yards per pass attempt (4th and 3rd in adj yards/pass attempt)

Romo is 5th among active QBs in yards per passes completed.

Romo is 3rd (21st in NFL HISTORY) among active QBs in passing TD%.

Romo is 5th (4th among active QBs) in NFL HISTORY in net yards/pass attempt. (4th and 4th in adj net yards/pass attempt)

Romo doesnt have the highest 4th quarter QB rating in the NFL since he took over starter by accident.

Romo doesnt have great statistics that rank near the top year in and year out by accident.

Romo isnt voted in the top 100 every year by his opponents and other NFL stars by accident.

Im trying to back my opinion with facts not comments such as "put in any 2nd stringer and youll see an improvement". Dallas fans have witnessed that when Romo has had to sit out games during his career that is not the case. How could you be fine with Romo being a 91 if Brady was rated higher but any second stringer would out perform Romo and bring better results to the Cowboys? I think that clearly shows that your opinion is very biased by basically contradicting yourself.

And where did i argue that Romo should only be 2 below Brady? I never said anything about Brady's rating. I totally agree with you that Romo shouldn't only be 2 "points" below Brady. That isn't because Romo is overrated, that is because Brady is underrated. You cant under rate everyone else because one guy is under rated.

Donny clearly sees this at EA year in and year out that Romo is not a bum as you suggest, constantly ranking Romo in the top 10 at the QB position. I am very happy he isn't blinded by the Romo hate as his opinion is what matters when it comes to ratings for Madden.

Dallas fans will miss Romo when he is gone and many people will see how talented he is when Dallas is stuck trying to find another QB if we dont start grooming one soon.

Everyone has an opinion though and that is yours, ill respect it, just dont quite understand it.

Last edited by Letemburn; 07-31-2014 at 05:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »