Home

F1 2014 Coming October 21st, New F1 Title Coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC in 2015

This is a discussion on F1 2014 Coming October 21st, New F1 Title Coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC in 2015 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2014, 08:10 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2014 Coming October 21st, New F1 Title Coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC in 2015

Today, Codemasters announced F1 2014, their upcoming Formula One racing game for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

They plan to release a new F1 title on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC next year, with plans to launch earlier in the Formula One season.

From the Codemasters' Blog:

Quote:
"Coming October 17th (21st in NA) is F1 2014 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Drawing upon all our experience in developing Formula 1 titles down the years, F1 2014 recreates this year’s incredible season featuring all the seismic changes to the sport, including new turbocharged cars, new circuits plus all the driver moves.

The game also includes refined handling on a pad and a new driver evaluation system that tunes game settings to your skill level to increase accessibility – we want all of our players to race competitively, more quickly. Of course, all the veterans of the series will be able to experience the true challenge of racing this year’s stunning generation of cars, featuring more explosive power delivery but less downforce, by customising your options and turning off all the assists.

Scenario mode has been expanded, we’ve refined career mode options and there’s more info to come, but for now we’ll let Stephen Hood, our creative director on F1, introduce you to some of the headline changes in the sport and the game..

“There’s been a dramatic shift in the sport; the largest shake up in the rules and regulations for a very long time and the new power units provide a very different kind of challenge, for both driver and team. By delivering all of these changes, F1 2014 will make for an exciting and refreshingly different experience. Additionally, with the new driver evaluation system analysing each player’s skill level and suggesting appropriate game settings, plus re-graded difficulty levels including a brand new Very Easy setting, we aim to deliver a thoroughly rewarding F1 experience for players of all abilities, from the novice to the seasoned pro.”
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
Rookie

DRN73's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: F1 2014 Coming October 17th, New F1 Title Coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC in 2015

I'll definitely be picking up both titles!

Hoping that we get a more in depth and featured career mode, back to the whole "Live the Life" mantra like in F1 2010. 2012 and 2013 have gotten a little stale.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: F1 2014 Coming October 17th, New F1 Title Coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC in 2015

What Im wondering is ( maybe I didnt catch it ) but will this be a disc based release this year in N America or only available through digital download?

Thats what disappointed me last year was that we thought we would be getting the game and at the last minute ( I believe it was the day before ) we were infomred it will only be made through Digital DL in N America
Old 07-31-2014, 06:10 PM   #4
Rookie

DRN73's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyB
What Im wondering is ( maybe I didnt catch it ) but will this be a disc based release this year in N America or only available through digital download?

Thats what disappointed me last year was that we thought we would be getting the game and at the last minute ( I believe it was the day before ) we were infomred it will only be made through Digital DL in N America
Also curious to see whether or not we get a physical release here on time. I waited a while for the disc copy and then said forget it, and bought it on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:41 PM   #5
Banned

I'll probably be picking up both titles. On PC of course. Hopefully it's on Steam.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »