Home

NHL 15 Vision A.I. Blog and New Screenshots

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Vision A.I. Blog and New Screenshots within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2014, 06:44 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
So this year they are calling it Vision A.I. *rolls eyes*
Old 07-31-2014, 06:51 PM   #18
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 15 Vision A.I. Blog and New Screenshots

A video would have been great here. It would do a lot to get people into the game, especially people like me who have been more than a little disappointed with what i've seen from the AI in terms of defense.
We've got two pictures of the same event, just from different angles, and those aren't too promising as there isn't anyone pressuring anybody on the Bolts, and then we have a picture of Iginla where he's hopefully not skating backwards, doing nothing to try and stop the puck, despite being in pretty solid positioning to do so.
EA missed a major opportunity, and that's a pretty big disappointment from them.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:18 PM   #19
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

I'm going to guess that this was slapped together in twenty minutes to try to address the common complaints about AI, unlike the slickly-produced videos. (It didn't help, obviously.)
Old 07-31-2014, 08:14 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
This ^^ a video showcasing it would have gone a long way. Now we'll just get another month of "EA is lying about the AI" posts instead. And they do mention all 3 zones, so there's zero excuse if there isn't neutral zone pressure this year with the proper strategy selected.

I did however like the sound of quick vs controlled breakouts. That sounds interesting.
All three zones for the offence to pick apart the defence. They said NOTHING about it helping the defence, only helping the OFFENCE.

There will be zero pressure of any kind from the defence. Heck, look at the pictures, the dmen are playing way soft.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:39 PM   #21
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Was that a joke?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 09:24 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
All three zones for the offence to pick apart the defence. They said NOTHING about it helping the defence, only helping the OFFENCE.

There will be zero pressure of any kind from the defence. Heck, look at the pictures, the dmen are playing way soft.
Well I hope they prove people wrong, because it's my biggest complaint about the game as well.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:04 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
Well I hope they prove people wrong, because it's my biggest complaint about the game as well.
I really hope they do too. I will be looking for honest reviews with the early release, checking out the demo.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:22 PM   #24
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
They should consider taking interactive body animations from fifa. They really need tugging and player awareness/aggressiveness. That would really help the defensive side I believe

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »