Home

Madden NFL 15 Training: Changes in the Wide-Nine Technique (Video)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Training: Changes in the Wide-Nine Technique (Video) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 15 Training: Changes in the Wide-Nine Technique (Video)

We're slowly learning that there will be some significant differences in this year's Madden NFL 15 gameplay when it comes to defensive alignment and the pass rush. In this video, guest contributor Jake Berger breaks down how the wide-nine technique is going to be different this year by comparing gameplay video we have of Madden 15 to previous year's efforts.

Be sure to subscribe to Jake's YouTube channel if you like his content, there's much more where this one came from!

Also follow him on Twitter (@fratnightgaming)!
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #2
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 15 Training: Changes in the Wide-Nine Technique (Video)

dope anaysis
Old 08-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Uh well first of all his other 101 series videos take on pokemon training.

Second of all his M25 example looked like the 4-3 DEs were set to pinch while the O ran a pass play. His analysis was they werent using their outside leverage effectively to improve the pass rush.

Third, his M15 example was of a run play with a 3-4 defensive alignment. With no outside rush from the LBs who were in the supposed wide 9 technique.

I dont get this vid.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo80
Uh well first of all his other 101 series videos take on pokemon training.

Second of all his M25 example looked like the 4-3 DEs were set to pinch while the O ran a pass play. His analysis was they werent using their outside leverage effectively to improve the pass rush.

Third, his M15 example was of a run play with a 3-4 defensive alignment. With no outside rush from the LBs who were in the supposed wide 9 technique.

I dont get this vid.
first of all, I'm an aspiring video game journalist, and if I'd like to get a job in the video game journalism industry, I have to cover a variety of game genres. I love Pokemon. I love many other games, especially Nintendo games. Pokemon is very competitive on a professional level; dont let its childish facade fool you But what does the fact that I've produced some competitive battle analysis guides have anything to do with this video?

Second of all, perhaps I should have shown the playcall screen, but in Madden 25, the example shown was wide nine out of nickel formation. i cant prove that though..( although youre right. in the second example it did look like the line was pinching.. weird)

For madden 15 though, go check the live gameplay stream. it was without a doubt a 3-3-5 with Sam coming up to play Wide 9. It is specifically cited by the devs during the stream.. you can even see the playcall screen before the ball is snapped.

Last edited by Wolverines05; 08-03-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

My bad, after I looked again I realized it wasnt 3-4. 3 down lineman I should have said. Still, I dont think the videos have much in common. It is cool to see defenders keep outside leverage on sweep plays, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 06:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo80
My bad, after I looked again I realized it wasnt 3-4. 3 down lineman I should have said. Still, I dont think the videos have much in common. It is cool to see defenders keep outside leverage on sweep plays, though.
yeah i should have shown vid from madden 25 out of 335 personnel as well to keep more continuity, but honestly, i dont think running wide 9 (in madden) in a 4-3 or 3-4 is any different because i thinkkkk the logic is all the same. but yeah i wish id shown example of 335 for madden 25
Old 08-03-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

The AI probably has the Read Option defense over the Wide Nine Defense.

Anytime the offense runs a Shotgun run, the defense goes into that Read Option defense.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #8
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Would have liked to see a passing play in 15 to see the rush path difference compared to what we saw last yr in 25.

If they got that path right then there could be some nice holes exposed to some zone runs . A little bit of a risk/reward going on with that formation

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »