Home

NBA Live 15 Interview with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Interview with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2014, 04:31 PM   #17
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I'm disappointed that they won't be doing much for Dynasty or Rising Star but I completely understand. Seems gameplay is finally first, and they're going to use Ultimate Team to entice people, personally don't care for Ultimate Team. I liked the whole, "we're probably never going to do cutscenes in Rising Star" (paraphrased), I wish 2k stayed away from that.

Well Live, just focus on gameplay and animations and you shouldn't be too far off.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #18
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 15 Interview with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

"They talk about dynasty mode becoming less prominent this year"... Annnnnnnd I was done.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #19
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

After reading about 2K's new MyLeague mode I'm even more bother about Live's decision of leaving Dynasty mode behind. Many people are not playing that mode not because it doesn't interest them but simply because it's bad, it isn't deep nor customizable, I mean you can't even trade a future draft pick when it was available in Live 15! How are you going to make people play a mode which isn't engaging or even fun? They better step Dynasty and Rising Star up because, while the gameplay can be the best thing since sliced bread, in the end people need to have some interesting modes to keep on playing.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #20
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Well I appreciate the honesty with which O'Brien spoke, but it is disheartening to read that Dynasty Mode is being pushed aside for other things. I'm certainly happy that gameplay is a focus (needs to be), though, and am glad they are bringing back some of the Live/NCAA 10 control mechanics.

Back to the honesty part ... I really do like that he was so candid in the interview but at the same time, it's a bit of slap in the face to those people that did pay $60 for a game that the executive producer said wasn't that great.

I'm hopeful that Live 15 shows a lot of progress. I like having options when it comes to sports games, so I'm certainly rooting for the development team.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #21
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't think I liked how the passing was in Live 10, but the thing that pisses me off about the passing in Live, is how the ball floats right into the defender's hands, causing turnovers. Especially during close games. They need to figure out how to control the passing, like having the ability to throw zip passes, and lob passes, similar howbyou can in NHL. It would make life easier, and a whole lot better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #22
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Well I appreciate the honesty with which O'Brien spoke, but it is disheartening to read that Dynasty Mode is being pushed aside for other things. I'm certainly happy that gameplay is a focus (needs to be), though, and am glad they are bringing back some of the Live/NCAA 10 control mechanics.

Back to the honesty part ... I really do like that he was so candid in the interview but at the same time, it's a bit of slap in the face to those people that did pay $60 for a game that the executive producer said wasn't that great.

I'm hopeful that Live 15 shows a lot of progress. I like having options when it comes to sports games, so I'm certainly rooting for the development team.
Live 10 had fantastic player control. At the time it came out I believe best ever. We'll see it they can build upon it for 15.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 08-10-2014, 07:49 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

The reason people didn't play Rising Star or Dynasty Mode as much is because there is nothing new about it. They are not very deep and lack innovation, and are subpar to 2K's MyCareer and Association mode offerings. Big Moments was a cool feature, and so is Ultimate Team. Dynasty Mode is like building an "ultimate team" within the sim-reality of the NBA League and it's schedule from season to season, and not packs from points.

I played Rising Star and reached Legendary status. There is another level after that called "Legendar"(the text is cutoff in-game), but there is nothing else. I wonder if they tested that far. They should just take this mode online with EASBL if they aren't going to come up with career storylines and other depth to enhance the experience.

I don't like the news about Live 10's dribbling, or NCAA 10's motion concept. I think these are bandaids. The dribbling, because there is no more bouncetek with OG leaving(assuming that's why), and the motion concept is probably an improvement over the "automotion" option from Live 14, ported from NCAA 10 since there are developers who worked on it on the team.

What I seemed to get out of all these interviews is that they spent Live 14 development fixing Live 13, and Live 15 development fixing Live 14.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #24
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
The reason people didn't play Rising Star or Dynasty Mode as much is because there is nothing new about it. They are not very deep and lack innovation, and are subpar to 2K's MyCareer and Association mode offerings. Big Moments was a cool feature, and so is Ultimate Team. Dynasty Mode is like building an "ultimate team" within the sim-reality of the NBA League and it's schedule from season to season, and not packs from points.

I played Rising Star and reached Legendary status. There is another level after that called "Legendar"(the text is cutoff in-game), but there is nothing else. I wonder if they tested that far. They should just take this mode online with EASBL if they aren't going to come up with career storylines and other depth to enhance the experience.

I don't like the news about Live 10's dribbling, or NCAA 10's motion concept. I think these are bandaids. The dribbling, because there is no more bouncetek with OG leaving(assuming that's why), and the motion concept is probably an improvement over the "automotion" option from Live 14, ported from NCAA 10 since there are developers who worked on it on the team.

What I seemed to get out of all these interviews is that they spent Live 14 development fixing Live 13, and Live 15 development fixing Live 14.
Hated Live 10's dribbling, you couldn't even get anywhere with it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »