Home

NHL 15 - Top Rated Centers

This is a discussion on NHL 15 - Top Rated Centers within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 - Top Rated Centers

great,Datsyuk while getting a little long in the tooth, is still one of the best two way players out there, and is still an absolute wizard with puck. He's a HOFer, who is still a game changer.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:14 PM   #10
Rookie

Velvet_Hoop's Arena

Malkin snubbed out of the top 5 centers?? Whatever
Old 08-10-2014, 06:34 AM   #11
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Patrice Bergeron, the cover athlete of the game is not included?? He is arguably the best overall player in the entire league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #12
Rookie

Matt_350z's Arena

OVR: 2

Ok then,

Malkin was 26th in goals, 7th in assists, 13th in points, 28th +/-, 5th in PPP, not in the top 30+ in faceoff wins, faceoff %, GWG, OTG, TOI, SHG, amongst all centers last year.

As I stated, I believe centers have far more intangible stats that don't always show up on the stat sheet, or are less heralded stats. Does Malkin bring those to the table over the other 5? I don't think he does over those particular 5.

He wasn't one of the top 5 centers last year. What's the big deal?
Old 08-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_350z
Ok then,

Malkin was 26th in goals, 7th in assists, 13th in points, 28th +/-, 5th in PPP, not in the top 30+ in faceoff wins, faceoff %, GWG, OTG, TOI, SHG, amongst all centers last year.

As I stated, I believe centers have far more intangible stats that don't always show up on the stat sheet, or are less heralded stats. Does Malkin bring those to the table over the other 5? I don't think he does over those particular 5.

He wasn't one of the top 5 centers last year. What's the big deal?
You do realise Malkin only played 60 games right? because it's pretty stupid bringing up totals for a guy who played 60 games for the year.

15th overall in points playing 60 games is pretty awesome, you realise he was second in points per game after Crosby right? if we look at Toews he was 31st in points per game, Datsyuk 47th.

You realise the NHL series doesn't have an "intangibles" (aka Toews the good old Canadian) category right? and that speaking of intangibles Malkin has been one of the greatest playoff performers in history and has the 9th highest ppg in the playoffs in history?

Malkin is the most talented player in the league, yes more talented than Sid, though he isn't "better" than Sid. When he was on the ice last year he was a beast as always.

Last edited by YoungBuck3; 08-10-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Matt_350z's Arena

OVR: 2

So your saying durability should be knock on him too?

I'm kidding. However, I mean Stamkos played 37 games last year and had more goals than Malkin.

I'm not knocking Malkin, nor am I really questioning his talent, skill level, heart, etc.

All I'm saying is, he didn't make the top 5 in a video game. It's really not that big of a deal. A couple people are acting like it's a travesty. When, last year- a case can be made he was not one of the top 5 centers in the NHL. The 5 that were chosen aren't exactly slouches.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_350z
So your saying durability should be knock on him too?

I'm kidding. However, I mean Stamkos played 37 games last year and had more goals than Malkin.

I'm not knocking Malkin, nor am I really questioning his talent, skill level, heart, etc.

All I'm saying is, he didn't make the top 5 in a video game. It's really not that big of a deal. A couple people are acting like it's a travesty. When, last year- a case can be made he was not one of the top 5 centers in the NHL. The 5 that were chosen aren't exactly slouches.
Stamkos of course is primarily noted for his goalscoring, and again, Malkin had the 2nd highest PPG in the league, but since you went there, he had four more points than Toews despite playing 16 less games (that's the same Toews who has been a PPG player once in his career)

It's pretty much a consensus amongst most Hockey fans that Malkin is a top 3-5 talent in the league, let alone just a center. This is a thread about the top rated centres in the game, people are more than entitled to critique it if they disagree with those ratings. It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of the world, but we're here talking about the NHL series, and this, amongst a long list of other things, is another example of how their ratings are bad.

Those other 5 aren't slouches, but they aren't Malkin. The only case against Malkin being a top 5 center last year is he only played 60 games, but that's more than Stamkos and Datsyuk played, so that argument doesn't hold up. There's zero argument otherwise sorry, there's other guys who are good no doubt, but Malkin is clearly superior. Malkin not being top 5 is just one of the many jokes in these ratings.

Last edited by YoungBuck3; 08-10-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #16
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Someone said this earlier and I have to agree, there just isn't a big enough gap between the elite players and the average ones. That's always been the problem with the NHL game's ratings. Especially for teams in general. I hat the star system they use for ranking the teams. That's why the standings are usually out of whack. There's not a big enough difference between the worst team in the league and the best.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »