Home

PES 2015 Video Clips

This is a discussion on PES 2015 Video Clips within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2014, 09:23 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennonTheGr8
I have a big feeling that PES will be a massive return to form this year. When they get it right, FIFA can't touch them. Sure, they have authenticity on their side as all EA games do due to the money they can just throw around but they never seem to get it right when it comes to gameplay (a few exceptions) ISS/PES dominated fifa from 1998 all the way up to 2005. PES 5 and 6 were just incredible and I've never had an experience like it since as they fell off the wagon and FIFA was the only other option. It has never done it for me though, forget the adverts featuring the stars, forget the licenses, forget the ultimate team nonsense, just give me an authentic game of footie on the pitch.
Exactly. And to add to that, the community made patches (on pc) and option files, make licensing a non-issue. In fact, i prefer a game that supports community editing over licensing.. the community does 100x better job.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: PES 2015 Video Clips

Love how that added the animation of the defender putting his hands behind his back when trying to block the shot.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Interested to see if the editing options have changed for the better. PES needs a web-based creator. FIFA really drops the ball on editing and it's a potential huge advantage for PES. Hope the PES gameplay is better as last year was really a disappointment. Likely getting both titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #12
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

The graphics (even if the clips were taken from an off-screen) look great, the grass, lighting and models are fantastic imo.
Liked the urgency of defenders to close out shots, Chiellini pointing for help and then jumping to cover the goal, De Rossi going at Van Persie with his hands on his back, a Dutch defender sliding to block the shot.
Also the passing seems better than 2014, the speed of the passes and little touches before passing by the Germans are nice.

Despite that there are still things that need improvement. For instance it feels that the game is more responsive but I've noticed some sliding, there's still lacking transitional animations which I've noticed in several clips, nets barely move after goals which makes the goals less exciting and rewarding, shots lack oomph specially Balotelli's goal.
The problem that I noticed the most is that although keepers seem better than PES 2014 they still need improvement, in Balotelli's goal the keeper should've taken a lateral step before diving for the save which he should've done it with one hand or at least both hands totally extended (that problem has plagued the franchise for a while and it still doesn't seem that it's been addressed), in Schurrle's goal the keeper lacked urgency and didn't seem like he ran into the attacker to block the shot which should've.

These clips didn't excite or hype me but interested me and gives me optimism that PES 2015 can finally be a very good game, definitely following what they'll do at Gamescom.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #13
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
YES! It looked amazing! Just one clip of Neymar warping a little to kick the ball but besides that, it looked so fluid. That grass!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #14
Rookie

footy_la_la's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennonTheGr8
I have a big feeling that PES will be a massive return to form this year. When they get it right, FIFA can't touch them. Sure, they have authenticity on their side as all EA games do due to the money they can just throw around but they never seem to get it right when it comes to gameplay (a few exceptions) ISS/PES dominated fifa from 1998 all the way up to 2005. PES 5 and 6 were just incredible and I've never had an experience like it since as they fell off the wagon and FIFA was the only other option. It has never done it for me though, forget the adverts featuring the stars, forget the licenses, forget the ultimate team nonsense, just give me an authentic game of footie on the pitch.
Same old same old really. We've, unfortunately been referring back to PES4/5/6 for YEEEEEEARS now. Still the same old disappointment whenever the new release comes out.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:27 AM   #15
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Match screen menu
https://vine.co/v/MVLzqvW5nM5
https://vine.co/v/MVL7JjxKxOI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #16
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
That looked really awesome.

Frame rate, albeit on a vine, looked killer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »