Home

CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

This is a discussion on CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #17
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Looks Like No Madden NFL 15 Demo?

Yet watch NBA live get one again.. >.<
Old 08-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #18
Rookie

GingaNinjaUNC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
The only thing that'd make this better is if they say no demos for any games this year. (Meaning it was a business decision to cut it). Because if it's JUST Madden, then that scares me that the game isn't where it needs to be. And that'll be more than sucky.
But they've already put out a demo for UFC. I know it's not exactly the same because that was their first and not a yearly thing, but at the same time, the UFC demo was pretty lackluster and turned a lot of people away. Every stream they say this is the best Madden ever, so it's just weird that this is the year they would decide to not have a demo.

And if it is a case of no demos for any games, then that scares the hell out of me for NHL, where we have seen ZERO actual gameplay with less than a month til release.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Looks Like No Madden NFL 15 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
so basically we have to drop $65 to see even if we like what ea added or not? least with the ea access they only pay $5 to test madden out for 5 days before release so they can save $60... if they don't like it.
No. You dont have to do any of those things. You could:

1) Rent the game when it comes out.
2) Read the impressions thread when the game comes out and see how fellow OSers feel about the game.
3) Watch the hundreds of video clips that will be released after release day.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #20
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Remember when back in the days DEMOS was not a thought as you buy the game and you either like it or not or read a review on nintendo power magazine

I say about 95% here will buy Madden even if they get a demo and are not all that impressed. It happens every year.

Most times all you hear from people is ohhh Madden is nice and ohhh wow it feels better. Then 2 weeks pass and EA sucks and I will never spend another dime with them.

Yet a demo with 2 min quarters is suppose to make a break your decision?

How about you rent it when it comes out...Saves you tons if you dont like it
Old 08-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #21
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
lame. i know demos aren't the easiest things to put together, but they couldn't have posted one of the demo versions from SDCC or Gamescon?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingaNinjaUNC
But they've already put out a demo for UFC. I know it's not exactly the same because that was their first and not a yearly thing, but at the same time, the UFC demo was pretty lackluster and turned a lot of people away. Every stream they say this is the best Madden ever, so it's just weird that this is the year they would decide to not have a demo.

And if it is a case of no demos for any games, then that scares the hell out of me for NHL, where we have seen ZERO actual gameplay with less than a month til release.
Thats the only thing that matters. UFC needed a demo because it was their first time out. Also complaints about the demo led to improvements in the actual game.

Madden doesnt need a demo. There is already a built in fanbase and the people who are unsure about the game will either take a chance and buy it or wait until they read reviews.

From a business perspective, I always thought demos did nothing but hurt sales. Typically demos are a stripped down version of the retail game and not a true representation of what the retail version is. The problem is people take it as a true representation.

With UFC, there were a bunch of complaints about missing elements that were in the retail version but taken out of the demo version.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
But they are talking about releasing a live demo early? These companies are backwards. Nba live sucks. And no I'm not buying that stupid access pass just to play it early
Old 08-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster
But they are talking about releasing a live demo early? These companies are backwards. Nba live sucks. And no I'm not buying that stupid access pass just to play it early
Folks lets keep this about Madden. If you want to discuss other games releasing demos, thats fine. But dont use this as an opportunity to bash another game or complain about the exclusive deal...last warning.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »