Home

Hustle Kings Coming to the PS4 (Free to Play)

This is a discussion on Hustle Kings Coming to the PS4 (Free to Play) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Hustle Kings Coming to the PS4 (Free to Play)

Hustle Kings is coming to the PS4, and will be released under a free to play model. Included in the core package will be a practice mode, a career mode, and a new League mode to compete with other users online and rise up through online tiers.

There will be a more advanced version of the game available to pool junkies who want more than basic game types:

Quote:
"We mentioned before that this is just the core package though. We wanted to be able to appeal to as many players as possible and we understand that not everyone will want the new online HKC focused experience. So at launch we are also offering an upgrade package that will allow you to play classic pool games without the need for HKC, this will let you play games whenever you want without that restriction. Consider it a solution for the more traditional gamers out there."
Prices for upgrades, release date, and other features are still TBA, but we bet you'll find Hustle Kings on the PS store this fall.
Platform: PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
I have to admit, this makes me a little angry. They JUST released Pure Pool on PS4, and now they're announcing what is essentially a FTP version of it. Was the online mode in Pure Pool nerfed specifically for this?

EDIT: Okay, although VooFoo made the previous Hustle Kings games, they have nothing to do with this one. The timing is still a little odd, but there aren't any shenanigans in play. I'm still annoyed that they held the announcement until now, but I guess I can live with it.

Last edited by spidertour02; 08-11-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2
Pure Pool was only what only $10? Plus I think Pure Pool is better, I've gone back and forth between PS4 Pure Pool and PS3 Hustle Kings and I'd much rather play Pure Pool. Plus, I've already played 100+ online games of Pure Pool so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth for sure.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Hustle Kings Coming to the PS4 (Free to Play)

This is a very strange announcement, especially considering that Pure Pool is only two weeks old, and most of its online features are still dysfunctional at the moment.

I found this statement on the official European PlayStation blog:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...ming-soon-ps4/

Quote:
Hey, just to clarify this version of Hustle Kings was not developed by VooFoo Studios. They’ve been hard at work making Pure Pool, and another team unrelated to them made this version of Hustle Kings for us.

Anyone who has purchased Pure Pool should not feel upset as both games offer quite a different experience. As mentioned in the post, this is not the original Hustle Kings.

Hope that clears things up!

Sorry for any confusion.
From the trailer, it looks like this game will focus more on trick shot puzzles, which don't exist in Pure Pool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »