Home

EA Sports Announces Madden Mobile - Arrives on August 26th For iOS & Android Devices

This is a discussion on EA Sports Announces Madden Mobile - Arrives on August 26th For iOS & Android Devices within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2014, 03:00 AM   #9
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports Announces Madden Mobile - Arrives on August 26th For iOS & Android Devi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
I don't know LOL, just wondering why Madden is spending time on "Mobile Madden" when there is still so much work to be done on the console version. I would prefer to see them spending the time, man power, and resources on something more productive towards the console version, than this.
There more people that play games on iOS/Android than all consoles combined. In 2013 EA's combined mobile downloads was 143 million which accounted for $470 million in revenue. Think of it from a business standpoint and not as a consumer and you'll know why they would create a mobile version.

Even so EA has multiple studios that work on different games. The team working on the console versions probably isn't spending any time working on the mobile version. Like someone else said I am not 100% sure on this but i am 99% sure. As far as there being so much work to be done that is subjective.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:45 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 35
Last year's free-to-play was bad and it looks like this year's is free-to-play again. Meh. I would pay $5-$10 for a solid mobile version.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: EA Sports Announces Madden Mobile - Arrives on August 26th For iOS & Android Devi

Eh... I'll give it a try, but don't expect much.

Didn't the NFL hold a contest for a new mobile game. Maybe that will be a solid football game on our mobile device.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
There more people that play games on iOS/Android than all consoles combined. In 2013 EA's combined mobile downloads was 143 million which accounted for $470 million in revenue. Think of it from a business standpoint and not as a consumer and you'll know why they would create a mobile version.

Even so EA has multiple studios that work on different games. The team working on the console versions probably isn't spending any time working on the mobile version. Like someone else said I am not 100% sure on this but i am 99% sure. As far as there being so much work to be done that is subjective.
I'm not an idiot, I totally UNDERSTAND WHY they do it, all I am saying is that I am tired of spending $60 dollars on a somewhat improved version of the game every year and watching them spend more and more and more of their resources on finding other ways to nickel and dime us. They will not see ANY EXTRA money from me until, the CONSOLE version in up to 2014 standards, and if they keep it up, they will be loosing my $60 a year too.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Then post your complaints in a console-dedicated threads, not a thread on the mobile game...
Old 08-13-2014, 01:58 AM   #14
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
I'm not an idiot, I totally UNDERSTAND WHY they do it, all I am saying is that I am tired of spending $60 dollars on a somewhat improved version of the game every year and watching them spend more and more and more of their resources on finding other ways to nickel and dime us. They will not see ANY EXTRA money from me until, the CONSOLE version in up to 2014 standards, and if they keep it up, they will be loosing my $60 a year too.
First why would you spend $60 a year on a game without doing some research to see if you actually like the game and it is improved? You could spend $2.00 to rent it and try it our first, read the thousands of impressions articles that will be posted on here, go to Gamestop or Best Buy after release and play it in the store for free, go to a friend's house who has it.

As has already been explained just because the games share the Madden name it doesn't mean resources are being taken away from the console version to focus on this game. EA has two studios in LA and Montreal that focus on nothing but mobile games including all the sports franchise versions (FIFA, Madden etc).
Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #15
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

gameplay video

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #16
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Eh... I'll give it a try, but don't expect much.

Didn't the NFL hold a contest for a new mobile game. Maybe that will be a solid football game on our mobile device.
The NFLPA did, not the NFL.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/2/5571...e-game-contest

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »