Home

FIFA 15: Career Mode Details

This is a discussion on FIFA 15: Career Mode Details within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA 15: Career Mode Details

FIFA's career mode is seeing some important new changes to it this year in FIFA 15. The focus this year is on managing and finding players, and making those tasks simpler for digital managers. Here is what you can expect:
  • Player Growth - FIFA 15 has a more realistic system for player growth and potential. Highly rated older players won’t retire as quickly and high potential players grow faster if you give the opportunity to do so.Global Transfer Network - Improved scouts will now automatically recognize squad weaknesses and suggest replacement players based on the team you want to build.
  • Intuitive Player Search - A new player search screen lets you find players faster and better suited to your team. Player names populate as you search.
  • Storylines and Presentation - Accurate and in-depth analysis around players, team and leagues during the match and throughout the mode as you progress your career.
Team Management

Customise up to six different Team Sheets per club and alter your strategy based on your next opponent, the changing tactics in-game and fitness of your players. Get your favourite team playing the way *you* want them to play.

Here are the four ways you can now manage your clubs:
  • Instructions - Player instructions can be applied to each of the 10 outfield players with multiple options per position - from defensive positioning and mentality to run types and attacking mentality.
  • Formations - Preset formations for any of your custom squads and pick one the best one to take on your next opponent.
  • Roles - Set roles like captain, set-piece and penalty takers for each of your squads.
  • Tactics - Set a default Team Tactic to each of your Team Sheets so your gameplan is locked before hitting the pitch. Or go deeper and add custom tactics to any of your line-ups.
These changes look like they're hitting the right spot, especially the player search and improved scouts, which were two of my main gripes about last year's mode. Look for FIFA 15 to drop on September 23.

Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 15: Career Mode Details

My initial reaction is that "Storylines and Presentation" sound like the same old news updates from the past 2 or 3 iterations. However, I am optimistic about a better model for player growth, youth academy growth in particular if it extends to that. Hopefully we'll now know BEFORE we sign a youth prospect what his work rates are. Very few things are more annoying than frothing at the mouth over a 70-74 OVR, 90-94 POT CF only to have him come in with L/L work rates.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:57 AM   #3
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

hopefully by storylines they mean that managers can get fired. It's kind of annoying seeing Chelsea or Manchester United or another big club sitting mid-table and keeping their same manager. I also wish you could customize your manager more besides having the option of a handful of generic looking managers. I know the World Cup game had all the WC managers, so it would be nice to something like that for a few select leagues.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

Also, since we're on the topic of CM, once again I'm hoping they'll either take Manager Wages out entirely or give it some meaning.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:12 AM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Global Transfer Network - Improved scouts will now automatically recognize squad weaknesses and suggest replacement players based on the team you want to build.

Thanks god!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #6
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Also, since we're on the topic of CM, once again I'm hoping they'll either take Manager Wages out entirely or give it some meaning.
100 Percent. I don't get that at all. Why have some arbitrary number as a wage when it doesn't mean anything?
Old 08-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #7
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Kinda bummed GTN is still in the game. That thing is the worst addition to CM in forever. But hopefully they tweaked it enough where its not total garbage this time around.

Also agree with the wage thing above. As someone else stated in another topic, it would be nice if a manger could save up those funds and buy out a team to be its owner. But then they would have to implement some sort of owner mode which they haven't done yet. So here is to hoping for 16 to have that.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
Kinda bummed GTN is still in the game. That thing is the worst addition to CM in forever. But hopefully they tweaked it enough where its not total garbage this time around.
I actually didn't mind it. It made the transfer market a whole lot more realistic and gave transfers some 'boom or bust' potential. In previous FIFAs you could go out in the market and just looked for teenagers with 70+ overall and automatically know that he's going to be a star. This brought a different dimension to transfers which made it more enjoyable in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »