Home

PES 2015 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on PES 2015 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12
PES 2015 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

Some PES 2015 gameplay videos have emerged from Gamescom. Check out the videos embedded above, or head on over to Gamersyde.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
MLB: New York Yankees
SOCCER: Real Madrid/ Man United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
PES over FIFA all day this year. This new team seem far more ambitious than Dave Rutter and co... It looks as if it has its old swagger back and the team seem committed in other areas too and about time...
Old 08-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: PES 2015 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

Looks decent enough. Some of the player movement looked a bit mechanical and robotic, and were there any fouls called? I don't think I saw any. Might be a bit of a concern there.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Looks like a buy. I can see it having it's share of play time. That said, graphics are still subpar. After watching NBA2k and Fifa vids today, it lacks a bit. Hoping the PC version can get bumped up to a "next gen" level. Agreed about it looking a bit stiff. But I am feeling the gameplay. After watching the video of the sprint-happy kids playing on the Fifa vids, this looked more true to the game. I'm going to give it a go. Just hoping it's on Steam. And that there is a full mod for it. Nice to see PES back in form.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #5
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0
Wasn't very impressed tbh. Didn't seem like any significant strides were being made and it does seem a bit robotic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Looks way better than PES 2014 in my opinion.
Graphics looks great up close but not so much from a broadcast view, maybe it's the filming; seems smoother and more responsive; liking the scoreboard and name plates, celebrations and some player momentum.
However I felt the speed was too fast and somewhat way over responsive, that need some tuning to make it more realistic; some interaction between players looked weird and robotic and the keepers positioning in one of the games was awful.

Still I don't feel hyped or anything close to that but overall I think Konami can make a great football game, having the release date in November gives them enough time to pull it off.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Looks way better than PES 2014 in my opinion.
Graphics looks great up close but not so much from a broadcast view, maybe it's the filming; seems smoother and more responsive; liking the scoreboard and name plates, celebrations and some player momentum.
However I felt the speed was too fast and somewhat way over responsive, that need some tuning to make it more realistic; some interaction between players looked weird and robotic and the keepers positioning in one of the games was awful.

Still I don't feel hyped or anything close to that but overall I think Konami can make a great football game, having the release date in November gives them enough time to pull it off.
I feel like the graphics look more life-like than the other game where everything is so shiny. The celebrations are also MUCH more realistic and the cut scene looked very close to real life. I like the "sloppyness" of the game where it appears you can't just 1-2, 1-2 chipped lob pass over the top. There were a lot of poor touches too from over-dribbling by the User.

Animations looked improved overall but there are still a few that need to be cleaned-up, especially when there is contact. I don't know what level it was on but I would have liked to see a little bit more from Brazil's attack. There were a few times when Marcelo got caught on the ball. For all his defensive faults he's very good for a LB on the ball.

I thought the keepers in the Brazil-Netherlands 2nd video were pretty good. The goal should have been a goal but Cesar did a good job of stopping that right footed shot near post deflecting it out for a corner. He came off his line to pick up a through ball to Robben. He also played it quick, short, wide, and on a rope to Hulk. That's something I never see the other game do as the keepers typically hoof it right down the center of the pitch.

Overall, it didn't blow me away but it didn't turn me off and the main thing I was looking for, the responsiveness, appears to have taken a huge leap forward.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:18 PM   #8
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I feel like the graphics look more life-like than the other game where everything is so shiny. The celebrations are also MUCH more realistic and the cut scene looked very close to real life. I like the "sloppyness" of the game where it appears you can't just 1-2, 1-2 chipped lob pass over the top. There were a lot of poor touches too from over-dribbling by the User.

Animations looked improved overall but there are still a few that need to be cleaned-up, especially when there is contact. I don't know what level it was on but I would have liked to see a little bit more from Brazil's attack. There were a few times when Marcelo got caught on the ball. For all his defensive faults he's very good for a LB on the ball.

I thought the keepers in the Brazil-Netherlands 2nd video were pretty good. The goal should have been a goal but Cesar did a good job of stopping that right footed shot near post deflecting it out for a corner. He came off his line to pick up a through ball to Robben. He also played it quick, short, wide, and on a rope to Hulk. That's something I never see the other game do as the keepers typically hoof it right down the center of the pitch.

Overall, it didn't blow me away but it didn't turn me off and the main thing I was looking for, the responsiveness, appears to have taken a huge leap forward.
I totally agree KG, demo is in two weeks right? I need to try it to see if some of my concerns were because of video compression or they're simply programmed that way. I also liked the Player ID in several animations, you could notice the difference between players; I forgot to mention in my previous comment how it annoys me the lack of net movement during goals, it doesn't make goals that gratifying and it's like bouncing against a wall, Konami has to fix that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »