Home

FIFA 15 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #17
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

They want the casuals to also play this game. I know people that don't even know the difference between man marking and zonal marking that play this game. EA want the game to be 'exciting' with fast paced action. What they don't seem to realize is that a 10/15 minute halves full manual game where both players are struggling to deliver the final ball but you suddenly manage to get in that killer pass where you slice open the defence and score the 1-0 in the 86th minute is way more exciting than a ping pong counterfest where you can just lob it over the defence with automatic controls. I mean, what is great about someone playing a lovely ball over the top when you don't have to get the exact power and direction, anyone can do it, but can you do that with full manual controls? If someone would do that with manual controls I'd congratulate him and say 'that was a brilliant ball you played there' with automatic I'm like 'anyone who knows the buttons can do this, requires no skill at all'. What I'm saying is, if FIFA would force us to play either 10 or 15 minute halves with full manual controls and a slower speed of the game, it'd be so much more about skill, vision and general knowledge of football. However, this wouldn't appeal to the masses thus they'd lose in sale numbers BUT people need their FIFA fix so the majority would still buy it and they might get used to it and eventually love it. Right now, anyone with half a brain can be okay at FIFA. I hope they didn't remove the sliders or else we're screwed.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:23 PM   #18
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

The only noticeable improvement I've seen is that the ball feel less glued to players' feet, if it wasn't for that I'd say it's basically FIFA 14. Still the gameplay looks extremely fast, over responsive, too exploitable with the through balls and ping-pong passing. Despite that I did enjoy FIFA 14 with all its flaws thanks to sliders and slow speed but it shouldn't be necessary to be tweaking much the game to find a satisfying experience if EA really wanted to go to a sim approach.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:42 PM   #19
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieb498
Wow, a few minutes of shaky cell phone video of a game being played by people more than likely unfamiliar with FIFA or soccer in general on the easiest difficulty level possible and you guys already have a laundry list of dislikes?
Jeez O Pete slow your roll and take a breath from the angry criticisms.
I can understand why you might look at it this way, but, Brian, myself, and several others have been bitching about the same problems with this game since FIFA 07. Check the post history.

I've said it many times, FIFA is a game designed for the casual fan, online play, and tournament crowd. Always has been and most likely always will be. I spent 3 days at EA Canada for a community day for FIFA 09 and asked the dev team the same questions that are STILL being asked today. Fouls? CPU team management? CPU tactical adjustments? I and many others are tired of the lazy "we just can't figure out the referees" line of crap. It's simple, fouls don't exist because the tournament crowd and online community don't want them.

Casual fans like licenses, faces, and the correct hair styles with fast paced assisted passing, fast break football. FIFA gives you that and the cheesy programming for gameplay "balance".

It's the same frustrating things every year. A game with great graphics, presentation, and player movement, but one that lacks in depth in a big way.

I'll wait on the impressions and hope for a small miracle...
Old 08-14-2014, 12:27 AM   #20
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02

I'll wait on the impressions and hope for a small miracle...
You misspelled big.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:45 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

FIFA last year gave me enough confidence in this year's version - so I'll buy. The fact that sliders work and the ones I've more recently worked on actually do have more build up play due to certain values (pass error for CPU). PES doesn't let you modify sliders, and PES 14 badly needed a couple of values modified.

I think FIFA gets a bad rap because of the players that play it. Just like the Madden players versus the 2k5 players. FIFA's youtubers don't do the realism any justice either by going stupid crazy over Ultimate Team and all that useless junky 5-minute matches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 07:18 AM   #22
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
FIFA last year gave me enough confidence in this year's version - so I'll buy. The fact that sliders work and the ones I've more recently worked on actually do have more build up play due to certain values (pass error for CPU). PES doesn't let you modify sliders, and PES 14 badly needed a couple of values modified.

I think FIFA gets a bad rap because of the players that play it. Just like the Madden players versus the 2k5 players. FIFA's youtubers don't do the realism any justice either by going stupid crazy over Ultimate Team and all that useless junky 5-minute matches.
agree!

without sliders to slow the game down, it looks like ping pong, soccer is not played at that speed!...I really enjoyed my manager mode when i got my slider set i was happy with!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:09 AM   #23
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Although these videos look really really bad, in all honesty it looked just as bad last year and the game turned out ok after toning it down.
From a selfish standpoint I'm really happy about the fact that it's been confirmed that the CPU will now change tactics/formations from game to game and even mid game, this is huge, it should go a long way in helping keep CM from getting stale, unfortunately though it seems as if besides these gameplay improvements CM is virtually the same(with bug fixes and better design) and this is what I'm disappointed most in. Will I still buy it? Yes. Has my optimism waned? Yes.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:15 AM   #24
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1

FIFA is a game I've been playing since FIFA 08 and I have to say I've been picking it apart ever since. I was (and still am, to a point) a die hard FIFA player, I'm a LVL 95 in EAS FC. In FIFA 13 I was the 30th or so ranked FWD for the majority of that year of the game, until I put it down because of the little things that just kept pissin' me off.

Here's a few things that I think need changed/fixed.

Career mode, it's a complete joke, I've always said this. Make a good one, basically a playable Football Manger game. Make it an add-on or DLC, I would easily pay $20 or even $30 bucks for it and I know many that would.

Clubs, if it's money they're after (Like UT which has completely ruined FIFA and Madden over the years) then add custom uniforms all with real life sponsors. Low level teams, low level sponsors (no-name brands trying to make some kind of name for themselves) and for the highest level teams like the 5-star teams, they could give them the high level sponsors like lets say Coke, Adidas, Samsung, etc. Have these companies pay for the right to be the sponsors and that could make them enough money for them to actually allow them to develop the mode further. Wont happen, but you have to think some companies out there would easily pay for the chance to have millions of people to see their brand.

Finally, game play. Make modes like UT and Online Seasons start with a default setting that's "arcadey". Give the player the option to choose if they would like those settings and then make the halves 5 minutes. Then, there could also be a sim setting, which would be 8-10 minute halves and it would default in Manager Mode and Clubs (of course with the option of an "arcade mode"). It would have more fouls, realistic build up, etc. I don't see why EA wont cater to all their FIFA gamers. Why risk the chance of losing people who want to play a more real life game and instead just to cater to the masses? Even if it's 10-20% of FIFA gamers, that's still 10-20% of 100 million dollars (random figure, could be less but it's probably a lot more). That's 10-20 million dollars, which is a ton of cash even for a company like EA.

It just seems like they are really miss judging a large segment of gamers these days. Guys like me (and maybe you), in my 30's that don't want to play a "balls to the wall", crazy "video game" type of game. They want something that makes them feel like they are part of a REAL game. I get it's a video game, but at some point I'm sure the majority of us wanted to be a professional, and to me this is my only chance to live out that fantasy. I can't even play pick-up games anymore due to a horrible back injury I suffered when I was 24 in the military. I just wish sports gaming would mature a little bit as a whole.

Thanks for reading, I probably could have written 3x as much. This game really and I mean really has so much potential and it eats at me every year.

Last edited by McG; 08-14-2014 at 09:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »