Home

FIFA 15: Career Mode Details

This is a discussion on FIFA 15: Career Mode Details within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15: Career Mode Details

Futhead posted a career mode impressions page, a guy played about 3/4 of a season in Fifa 15 career mode, if you want to read about changes being made.

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-1...de-impressions
Old 08-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #18
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi286
Futhead posted a career mode impressions page, a guy played about 3/4 of a season in Fifa 15 career mode, if you want to read about changes being made.

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-1...de-impressions
Good read, thanks for posting it.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:26 AM   #19
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Couple of n00b questions here...

1. Will FIFA 15 have a 'World Cup' mode? (Or, will the WC be integrated into the career mode when applicable (i.e. summer 2018)?)

2. What is the point of having different 'lineups'? I am new to soccer so, I don't completely understand it when I see teams 'sitting' their stars (for w/e reason). Seems these 'sheets' mentioned is a huge addition, any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #20
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2

1. Will FIFA 15 have a 'World Cup' mode? (Or, will the WC be integrated into the career mode when applicable (i.e. summer 2018)?)

2. What is the point of having different 'lineups'? I am new to soccer so, I don't completely understand it when I see teams 'sitting' their stars (for w/e reason). Seems these 'sheets' mentioned is a huge addition, any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!
1. There will be a World Cup in Career Mode, but in non-World Cup years, they call it 'World Championship' because of the lack of licenses. Since they're bringing back 'Custom Tournament', maybe you can have a separate World Cup mode there.

2. Clubs will often use bench or reserve players for Friendlies or Cup matches, while using their top players primarily for league games. That's why separate, saved team sheets (line-ups) will be very handy in FIFA 15.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1

Last edited by Murph; 08-14-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #21
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2

Thanks!
1. Most likely, however, it won't have the right presentation etc. It'll just be an international tournament.

2. Being able to have different lineups is huge because in domestic cup games you want to play your secondary goalkeeper and players who don't get a lot of gametime amongst some of your regular first team starters. In the past it was a hassle changing formation, changing the players etc. it was an annoyance. It's also handy because you can set up a defensive line-up and an offensive line-up. If you're Newcastle United and you're playing against Arsenal at Emirates you can easily field the defensive line-up without spending too much time on it. But then, you're down 2-0, you can easily switch to the attacking line-up without having to spend 5 minutes in the menu changing formation, tactics and players. It makes the manager experience better and fielding your team won't be as annoying as it was in the previous games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #22
MVP

Number999's Arena

As someone who has Career Mode as what he plays the most in FIFA, not too shabby.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 08-15-2014, 06:09 AM   #23
Rookie

LousyJackRanga's Arena

No mention if it, but I'd like to see the option to turn off the GSN at the start of every career.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #24
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
I actually didn't mind it. It made the transfer market a whole lot more realistic and gave transfers some 'boom or bust' potential. In previous FIFAs you could go out in the market and just looked for teenagers with 70+ overall and automatically know that he's going to be a star. This brought a different dimension to transfers which made it more enjoyable in my opinion.
Thing is, the problem of buying high potential youngsters and easily building a fast growing team of superstars had little to do with being able to see player OVRs. The problem you're discussing had to do with unrealistic transfer mechanics.

So the GTN introduces a mechanic of hiding player OVRs but does NOT fix the problem. For example, I can easily look up player ratings online and do exactly what I could've done in FIFA 13.

Ultimately, the GTN did NOT make the transfer market mechanic any more realistic. All it did was introduce a gamey, unrealistic, tedious scouting element to the process that in no way mimics the process of squad building in real football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »