Home

NHL 15 Gameplay Video - Off-Screen Footage From Gamescom

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Gameplay Video - Off-Screen Footage From Gamescom within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendah
If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it a lot. Given that the game was sent out to conventions on the Xbox One, can this suggest they were using the Xbox One to create the game? I know last time around EA was making their games on an Xbox 360 console, so when they were rendered for disc, Xbox was slightly more advantageous on the visual side. This is the game I play most, I want to be able to chose the console that it'll look best on. In an interview Ram also said that "thanks to the power of the Xbox One" they were able to create NHL 15 as they did... but that was also for an Xbox Direct interview. Anyway, some help on which console was used to make the game would be awesome! Thanks.
Well I own an Xbox and I love it but the two systems are pretty much the same with the ps4 offering more horsepower. With that being said it's a sports game which will look the same on both consoles anyways.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #10
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
I guess be carful what you ask for if this is a leak of footage I don't know. But just brutal thank goodness the demo is only a couple weeks away
Old 08-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #11
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

I can't understand why players always have two hands on their stick when they have the puck. You'd think EA would have fixed this in next gen. Guess not!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #12
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Re: NHL 15 Gameplay Video - Off-Screen Footage From Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendah
If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it a lot. Given that the game was sent out to conventions on the Xbox One, can this suggest they were using the Xbox One to create the game? I know last time around EA was making their games on an Xbox 360 console, so when they were rendered for disc, Xbox was slightly more advantageous on the visual side. This is the game I play most, I want to be able to chose the console that it'll look best on. In an interview Ram also said that "thanks to the power of the Xbox One" they were able to create NHL 15 as they did... but that was also for an Xbox Direct interview. Anyway, some help on which console was used to make the game would be awesome! Thanks.
The interview with Ram was specifically in a Microsoft-sponsored video. (Official Xbox Magazine? I can't remember.) I wouldn't worry that the PS4 version is "inferior."

For what it's worth, the Madden livestreams seem to alternate consoles. That indicates a lack of preference from that team.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #13
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

It's hard to judge. Clearly the two people playing have no idea what they're doing, and it's only a very, very minimal amount of footage.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm looking forward to this game. Overall the presentation such as the opening looks great. The game play seems a little "floaty" to me. I was hoping they could reach the level or realism that MLB 14 The Show has but that may have been asking too much - that MLB game looks insanely real to me.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

what a letdown. So much emphasis on presentation but completely disregarded the gameplay between the boards. They still skate awful and those passes looked so slow. Finally, player models. That did NOT look like Moen and again, NHL makes these players look like they're wearing XXXL size jerseys...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »