Home

NHL 15 Ultimate Edition Details

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Ultimate Edition Details within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 15 Ultimate Edition Details

EA Sports has announced the details for the NHL 15 Ultimate Edition, which will be available for $69.99 from select retailers. Users will get $40 in content with the $10 upgrade price.

Quote:
"Kick start your Hockey Ultimate Team with the NHL 15 Ultimate Edition. With over $40 added value of exclusive content, you’ll have everything you need to dominate the hockey world.

Each Ultimate Edition pack contains 12 items of Mostly Gold & up to five Rares.

To claim your pack: go to Collection in the Hockey Ultimate Team Main HUB, select Unopened Packs, and chose your Ultimate Edition Pack(s).

You will receive two packs every week for 25 weeks."

You can pre-order the Ultimate Edition of NHL 15 by visiting Amazon.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
Again nothing about EASHL this is worrisome. Cancelled preorder for now.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

OVR: 0
Usually their preorders have some sort of gear for your eashl avatar. I'm worried about no eashl as well. What would be the point of 12 man physics though!!!
Old 08-14-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 15 Ultimate Edition Details

The backlash of no EASHL will be hilarious to watch. But have they said anything about HUT? I skipped 14 but I know they included a new thing that showed the average price that every card was going for, which I hated. The fun of 13 and before, was that if you were savvy and knew the market, you could work it and get steals, and it actually benefitted you to know the market. Now it's just dumbed down.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #5
Banned

no, please no
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #6
Banned

EASHL blows. But if it's gone, it'll be brought back as an exciting new feature next year. More wool over the eyes!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

If the card quality from these weekly packs is anything like it was in last year's Season Ticket, I wouldn't expect to get much in return for your $10.

I had the Season Ticket for the Xbox 360 in NHL 14, and gold Rick Nash + Milestone Jaromír Jágr are the only worthwhile cards I received in the 20-plus packs from last year's promotion. Of those two, only Jágr is still in my lineup at the end of the year, as there are now way better wingers on the card market than regular edition Rick Nash.

I should also mention that, unless they've changed the system for NHL 15, you won't be able to sell any of the cards that you get in these packs. You couldn't quick-sell them or put on the trade market in NHL 14. So any cards that aren't good enough to make your lineup will literally be worthless.

Last edited by jyoung; 08-14-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:02 AM   #8
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If the card quality from these weekly packs is anything like it was in last year's Season Ticket, I wouldn't expect to get much in return for your $10.

I had the Season Ticket for the Xbox 360 in NHL 14, and gold Rick Nash + Milestone Jaromír Jágr are the only worthwhile cards I received in the 20-plus packs from last year's promotion. Of those two, only Jágr is still in my lineup at the end of the year, as there are now way better wingers on the card market than regular edition Rick Nash.

I should also mention that, unless they've changed the system for NHL 15, you won't be able to sell any of the cards that you get in these packs. You couldn't quick-sell them or put on the trade market in NHL 14. So any cards that aren't good enough to make your lineup will literally be worthless.
More than I got. I also managed to get a lot of dups. Coincidence?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »