Home

PES 2015 Gameplay Video - Over 20 Minutes of Direct Capture (PS4)

This is a discussion on PES 2015 Gameplay Video - Over 20 Minutes of Direct Capture (PS4) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
PES 2015 Gameplay Video - Over 20 Minutes of Direct Capture (PS4)

PlayStation Access has just posted over 20 minutes of gameplay video footage from PES 2015. Your thoughts?
Platform: PS4

Last edited by Panicshade; 08-14-2014 at 12:00 PM. Reason: adding PS4 to title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #2
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: PES 2015 - 20+ Minute Direct Capture Video (PS4)

This video was, IMO, the best one I've seen thus far. The little contextual animations and interactions in the players is amazing. The player models are spot on as well, and the player individuality is a nice touch as well. I'm pretty hype for this demo release
MLB: New York Yankees
SOCCER: Real Madrid/ Man United
Old 08-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2015 - 20+ Minute Direct Capture Video (PS4)

Good video, I like how responsive the game looks.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9
Very impressed. I've been 100% FIFA the past few seasons but it looks like I'll be picking up both this year.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: PES 2015 Gameplay Video - Over 20 Minutes of Direct Capture (PS4)

Where are the fouls? They don't appear to exist in this new engine. They're going to need to incorporate a risk reward system for challenges and tackling, and not just slide tackles either, so that when you contest a player with the ball there is not only a risk of a foul but also actual fouls. They don't appear to exist in this year's game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Where are the fouls? They don't appear to exist in this new engine. They're going to need to incorporate a risk reward system for challenges and tackling, and not just slide tackles either, so that when you contest a player with the ball there is not only a risk of a foul but also actual fouls. They don't appear to exist in this year's game.
I am sure they will be there. PES 2014 now is filled with fouls since the last patch.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Best video so far by a wide margin. I don't know who the Brazil user was but you can tell he's played PES 14 because he was good on the ball, getting rid of it before the defense could close down. His 1st touches were good (wasn't holding down turbo when recv'ing the ball) and his dribbling didn't reek of too much turbo. I think a lot of FIFA players (myself included as I'm extremely guilty of this when I go back & forth between games) try to play PES like FIFA and then get discouraged when a better player and/or the CPU punishes me.

Positives:

Defensive positioning. The way the German defense got into position and cut off passing lanes while the user was pressuring the ball forced the Brazil user to play it around a lot in his area. They were really defending as a unit.

Love the movement on corners. Corners in real life are organized chaos inside the box. I thought it accurately reflected that.

On the 2nd goal. I liked the German user was punished for not hoofing it upfield with Hummels. He tried to play a pass in a tight situation and it went right to Oscar. I feel like the other game makes it to easy to play your way out of tight spaces when the realistic solution is to hoof it, re-organize, and regain your defensive shape.

Player ID for that 2nd goal in the 2nd game. Those little touches by Robben!

Negatives:

The 1st goal was bad Keeper AI by Neuer. Fernandinho got a lot of power on his shot but the keeper should have been shuffling his feet to cover the near-post giving Fernandinho the tougher shot, falling down, across his body to the far post.

Replays STILL have motion blur. This was back in 2011 and it takes away from seeing the actual replay, especially when the action is moving quickly.

Would like to see more fouls called on contact overall

Keeper parries need to be smarter. Not parrying the shot in the middle of the box when it's a shot that the keeper sees coming

Still liked what I saw overall though.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #8
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0
All I can really say, Is WOW. I was not expecting this to be this good. The running, player turns, everything looked outstanding!

Looked like I was watching a real football match. Didn't hurt that the two people we're very good/sim players either

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »