Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #17
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: New Shot Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
So Beluba if you could clarify... Is the ability to get perfect timing tied at all to shooting rating, or is it solely a matter of mastering a persons shot animation?

In other words, is there more 'grace' with the meter to be able to achieve a perfect shot with say a Step Curry than there is for a Kendrick Perkins?
What I got out of it:

A players shot ratings + his current situation is going to determine how big or small that "perfect timing" zone is.

So you take a fatigued player and shoot a heavily contested, off balance 3 with him, his zone is going to be extremely small, compared to a fresh player taking an open, spot up 3. So bad shots will miss with regularity, as they should. Also means players online could be punished for jacking 35+ shots with one player, as fatigue now affects shots more.

The higher the ratings = The bigger the sweet spot, though its still difficult to get perfect releases depending on the level.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 08-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

If possible could you tell us which factors will be enabled for online? Like will te meter be able to be turned off for online play etc.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #19
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

This sounds promising but does it keep people from making shots they have no business making more than they should?
Old 08-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #20
MVP

I Djm's Arena

Also i think the shooting sub groups would help even more. Just look at 2k12 for refrence
Old 08-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #21
Banned

Live2K's Arena

OVR: 0

Hopefully fatigue and some situational things come into play. Seems like if you just run down the court with curry every play and jack an open 3 is a viable strategy whereas in real basketball it's not and leads to fast breaks the other way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 04:32 PM   #22
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba

In 2K15, all factors that make up a good vs. bad shot get rolled up into a value that then scales the timing window for your jump shooter. So now, timing is a much more crucial factor in whether you make or miss. This puts the onus on the user to execute with more precision and separates the skilled users from the lucky ones. It's actually very similar to the design of Free Throw shooting. You can make the shot if you manage to get perfect timing but your % falls the further you are from the ideal release point. If you're way off, it's a guaranteed miss.
It seems like this you have a small window to get the shot right and then the success goes down a cliff depending on how good a shooter is. Guys who are good at shot stick releases will love this. This will bring way more stick skill competitiveness back to shot stick timing. I can see people complaining and using more real%
Old 08-15-2014, 04:36 PM   #23
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

I guess people now have a reason for practice mode now!!!

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #24
MVP

I Djm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
Hopefully fatigue and some situational things come into play. Seems like if you just run down the court with curry every play and jack an open 3 is a viable strategy whereas in real basketball it's not and leads to fast breaks the other way.
I hope the fatigue affects your success and not your range

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »