Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #9
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Only one sample, but if past years are any indication it looks like sim stats yet again are broken. If the stats had no bearing on CPU team progression then it wouldn't be a big deal but long term the user players are going to out progress cpu controlled teams...

I hope they sim at least two more seasons to see how randomized the sims stats are.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Really Vikes won the Super Bowl. I'll take it lol
Old 08-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

What's with all the tie games?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 11:54 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

My favorite part is Darren Sproles leading the league with 13 rushing TDs despite only having 11 in the last 8 years and only carrying the ball 137 times in that sim season... awesome.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Not saying it is not broken as most of the QB numbers did look on the low side but cherry picking one player doesn't exactly prove it one way or the other. In 2004 he threw 49 TD's the next season he threw for 21 less, not as much of a drop but it's not completely out of the question. RB Chris Johnson went from over 2000 yards one season to 1300 the next, AP essentially did the same. It's not uncommon for guys to have a huge drop off after a record breaking season. All of the other stats look pretty much like an NFL season a few are higher than normal a few are lower than normal. We still need more time and a few more simulated seasons before we can judge it one way or another.
Not cherry picking. I looked at all of the stats and the guy said that he did more simulations than that one and the stats were similarly off.

Sure someone can fall off statistically from one year to the next but tell me, when have you ever seen someone pass for over 4,000 yards and lead the NFL in yards and throw for 13 TDs? Especially a player that has never thrown for less than 26 TDs. Every year that he's thrown for over 4,000 yards he averages in the mid 30's or so.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #14
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
While I agree one simulated season is not enough to judge the effectiveness of the sim engine, for a small sample size, this was not a good look. In what universe would Peyton only throw for 13 touchdown passes? A lot of those numbers are pretty bad, IMO.

I only care because I thought this was a new feature this year, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they touting "re-worked sim stats" this year?
Before the NFL outlawed defense and made everything a penalty the top QB's would average around 30-35 TD's a season (occasionally you would get one or two throwing over that but not often). With improved defense this year (and virtually no PI/illegal contact calls) these numbers look like one of those seasons. Brett Favre's final season in the NFL he threw for 11 TD's and 19 int's in 14 games, the year before that he had 33 TD's and 7 int's. IRL it's not completely out of the question for a 39 year old QB to have a huge drop off. Again I am not saying anything is fixed, just saying you can't judge based off one season.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden sucks. You have to have at least 20 TD's if you have 4,000 yards. Hmmmm... Did I just see EJ Manuel as a top QB? Stop the madness
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 12:02 PM   #16
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

The passing yards look OK but the passing Tds are ridiculous. Rushing yards looked alright but attempts seemed high, saw a bunch in the 350+ range.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »