Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Available Free Agents

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Available Free Agents within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Available Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastingstarling
WIll's in the game, look at around 1:23
Lmao, he picked up like 77 tackles and two picks in just 12 games last season and he's only overall 77?

Who is this Moore guy?

I don't know why the ratings aren't just done by the guys at pro football focus
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Most free agent are way too highly rated. Far too many older players get reputation boosts. There is a good reason many of these guys aren't on teams. Most free agents should be rated under 70 IMO. Most guys can start a franchise and automatically upgrade at least 10 roster spots easily with this inflated list. And while a roster update could help EA generally ignores updates to the FA list. Most will remain highly over-rated.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #27
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly
Can't wait to use colt lyerla in my packers cfm
Very disappointed we didn't see more of him with the Packers before the injury, heard a lot of good things about him, hoping he will be healthy enough to make the team next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Where are you getting this from?

They don't have to negotiate individually with them. They're still part of the players union..
Players are compensated if they are included in the game. The amount of money is what is negotiated between the NFLPA and Madden.

I'm sure if you look up the details of the agreement that it has to do with active players, this is to cover the NFLPA's a$$ because they no longer represent the direct interests of former players who may still be a part of the unions i.e. Jerry Rice, John Elway, Joe Montana, etc. (except for the recent health settlements).

So to include Cedric Benson would mean either more money spent by EA, or the share of the money given to the players would be lessened to accommodate for the added person. Also Benson is technically a Free Agent but hasn't had a workout with a team in over a year and was in "retirement mode" last August according to ESPN, no one is signing him so there is no reason to put him in the game.

Either way someone loses money by including players that are unlikely to be signed. That's usually why EA waits until players are signed by a team to actually put them in a roster update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
Looks like Jermichael Finley is coming back to Lambeau! At least in my Madden world...
He was having a phenomenal year before that injury, I really wanted him to work out in Green Bay but the circumstances of that injury make him too risky to sign and we've just about moved on. But yes at least we can imagine a Madden world where he is still in the Green and Gold!
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 08-17-2014, 09:47 PM   #28
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Bears LT Jermon Bushrod 77 overall??

Cant wait for the 1st roster update because those were jacked up pretty bad. Lots of moves have gone down since when ever that one was current.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #29

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
Players are compensated if they are included in the game. The amount of money is what is negotiated between the NFLPA and Madden.

I'm sure if you look up the details of the agreement that it has to do with active players, this is to cover the NFLPA's a$$ because they no longer represent the direct interests of former players who may still be a part of the unions i.e. Jerry Rice, John Elway, Joe Montana, etc. (except for the recent health settlements).

So to include Cedric Benson would mean either more money spent by EA, or the share of the money given to the players would be lessened to accommodate for the added person. Also Benson is technically a Free Agent but hasn't had a workout with a team in over a year and was in "retirement mode" last August according to ESPN, no one is signing him so there is no reason to put him in the game.

Either way someone loses money by including players that are unlikely to be signed. That's usually why EA waits until players are signed by a team to actually put them in a roster update
No.

If Benson were included it would not mean more money from EA. It would mean less money divied out by the PA (so you're right that someone would get less money but that's not EA's problem). The union is there to protect it's players but they are also given the duty of giving out royalty checks as they are the one's that get paid by EA.

I did a little research on it, former players actually have to join the PA as a "former player." They continue to get pension and coverage regardless of if they join this union or not.

Either way, since he's had some tryouts, it's safe to assume he is still part of the PA.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:48 PM   #30
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
To anyone complaining about Madden ratings, join the club. They are usually pretty bad, not for all the players. Certain teams get fair ratings, but other teams either don't get ratings boosts or don't get proper ones. I noticed just for Seattle, quite a few players that were under/over rated. I hate being a homer, but it's like come on, what does this guy even do or watch? At least we can edit them ourselves, but that's only for offline and it's time consuming. Madden in regards to Career Mode is already looking disappointing with the sim stats still being broken.

The real question is, WTF have they been doing over the last year, upgrading MUT? I really hope FIFA is better than this, because I'm about sick of all these EA Sports games basically being small updates, year to year. Destiny keeps calling my name more and more and I think I may pass on Madden if my EA Access early release shows me what I think I'm going to see. I'll probably just pick it up when it's on sale during the holidays, but I'm not going to pre-order it unless I'm blown away by the game play, which is highly doubtful.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:26 PM   #31
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
Lmao, he picked up like 77 tackles and two picks in just 12 games last season and he's only overall 77?

Who is this Moore guy?

I don't know why the ratings aren't just done by the guys at pro football focus
Im pretty sure he does most of the rating based off stats which i think is kinda stupid, he gave flacco a 63 deep throw and rg3 a 66. He really needs to look into more than stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 11:28 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Did you guys seriously not watch the whole video. There are more Free Agents. He only showed the top list, which ended at 70 overall. He then showed the QB list which players were under 70 overall, meaning there are more under the individual position tabs. Tebow is probably in the game, but is under a 67 overall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »