Home

The Medium is the Message: EASHL, Transparency, and the Core Gamer

This is a discussion on The Medium is the Message: EASHL, Transparency, and the Core Gamer within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wonderfully written and well said. I've played at least two games of EASHL a night since NHL 10 with a group of friends that ranges from 3 to 15 at any given month. Also played a few seasons in some of the larger 6vs6 leagues that are a blast.

I'm heart broken that EASHL might not be in the game. It will singlehandedly kill my favorite multiplayer experience and a way that I've been able to game with my friends for years.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #10
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

Re: The Medium is the Message: EASHL, Transparency, and the Core Gamer

I have to say, prior to reading this I didn't really care about the possible absence of EASHL or GM Connected, as I am typically an offline gamer, especially when it comes to NHL.

I see now though that I am missing the point entirely – the route that EA is taking here is one that could - and should – have long reaching consequences for them in the future. The silence regarding not only EASHL, but the game as a whole, has been alarming – but also speaks volumes. Since day one, we as the “community” have been forced to speculate on virtually every detail of the game aside from the graphics upgrades – and when EA has been presented an opportunity to clear up rumors, they have sat pat, and allowed it to swell. Even if they have to tell us that cuts have been made to some modes, and explain the reasons why, they could save face somewhat.

For myself, it will not have a bearing on whether or not I by the game, as it is the only hockey option available, but I have certainly lost a lot of respect for a company that I have supported since 1993.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #11
Rookie

japsubie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
Finally someone in a position of higher visibility called this out.

Nice job on the article.
seriously i agree! about time! very well written and i hope someone at EA sees this because this is very important. Even for the FIFA series as well, there are a lot of angry people there because of their lack of updates to the Career Mode and their distinct focus FUT the equivalent of HUT. hopefully within the next few years they turn this around and start paying more attention to what got EA to where they are in the first place, their core gamers and game modes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
Rookie

japsubie's Arena

i think each EA team needs to do a poll to see which mode players really play or enjoy the most. id be interested to see the results.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1
Great written article. I'm not trying to push them as I'm just a fan of their communications but you should have used HB studios as an example of a studio that communicates well. Since inception of the Golf Club, they have been very open to suggestions and would answer plenty of tweets to keep the information flowing. As I get ready to purchase the game tomorrow, I absolutely know what to expect from the product. If there is a studio to support, it's them.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #14
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

Ea is supposed to release game modes this week. Anyone have an idea when? Lol
Old 08-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #15
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Their silence is deafening. I'm pretty sure these features will be omitted. I'm sure they haven't said anything yet because they want the pre-orders. Few major sites have picked up on the news since it is only a rumor, and most won't visit places like this.

Pushing people to HUT is terrible. It is a pay to win scheme. Either that or you have to basically play nothing else for months and "power level" to get a decent team.

I've bought this game every year for almost a decade now, but this year I am definitely passing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #16
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

In another wonderful move by EA it is looking like those of us who paid for Early Access will be limited to just six hours with the full game prior to the release date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »