Home

The Medium is the Message: EASHL, Transparency, and the Core Gamer

This is a discussion on The Medium is the Message: EASHL, Transparency, and the Core Gamer within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #17
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The Medium is the Message: EASHL, Transparency, and the Core Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
In another wonderful move by EA it is looking like those of us who paid for Early Access will be limited to just six hours with the full game prior to the release date.
So it's the same as Madden? Goodness.. I stick up for EA as much as I can, but I'm starting to get really tired of some of their crappy business practices.

I purchased EA Access because I read full access to games with saves that transfer over to the retail game.. what now, can we not even start a BeAGm in EA Access?
Old 08-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #18
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

OVR: 0
It never said full game in the early access. Which is huge.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #19
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
So it's the same as Madden? Goodness.. I stick up for EA as much as I can, but I'm starting to get really tired of some of their crappy business practices.

I purchased EA Access because I read full access to games with saves that transfer over to the retail game.. what now, can we not even start a BeAGm in EA Access?
Well, we don't know the specifics yet. As once again EA is keeping their cards close to their chest. I am only assuming the NHL will work the same as Madden, but some clarification would be nice.

Just as it would've been great to know prior to putting the program up for purchase. But hey, I guess it's buyer beware with EA anymore. The joke is on those of us that spent money blindly.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2
Ultimate team gives them huge revenue, Why would u pay for player packs when u can play EASHL or GM Connect ? I never understand Ultimate Team. If Ea would be smart , u had to pay them per hour of gameplay. I bet they would more money.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:58 PM   #21
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I just want to know what's going on. I'm primarily a offline gamer even too, but I don't know what offline modes they'll have, etc.

This just cements my waiting to purchase, along with no pre-order savings at Best Buy. I'll wait for them to have a sale and do that eventually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 03:25 PM   #22
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Well, we don't know the specifics yet. As once again EA is keeping their cards close to their chest. I am only assuming the NHL will work the same as Madden, but some clarification would be nice.

Just as it would've been great to know prior to putting the program up for purchase. But hey, I guess it's buyer beware with EA anymore. The joke is on those of us that spent money blindly.
Perfectly said...
Old 08-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #23
Just started!

OVR: 0
Being a long time fan of the series, the apparent "curtain of silence" has been quite annoying. This article is SPOT ON when it comes to micro-transactions. Lets face it. We have seen this type of thing developing harder and harder all the time (and yes... i bought horse armor). HOWEVER there is a sizeable community that has religeously battled for NHL supremecy for years and i personally find the lack of this feature in the initial release of next generation consoles very hard to forgive. In my circle of online friends this has been highly anticipated. Interesting to see whats to come of this as i assure you... while i do not play HUT or GM modes, I cannot remember a year that i did not only buy the title, but a four thousand point card to purchase all the upgrades i could before even seeing the practice rink. Mr. Wigmore, i salute you!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #24
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Nice article. Agree 100%

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »