Home

Madden NFL 15: Two Gap Defenders (Training 101)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Two Gap Defenders (Training 101) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 15: Two Gap Defenders (Training 101)

Friend of OS and Madden video creator extraordinaire Jake Berger, checks in again today with a video on how defenders fail to fully utilize the two-gap method to react to the ball in Madden NFL 15. Because defensive linemen still don't seem to be able to be responsible for more than a single gap, odd man fronts seem to be at a disadvantage against the run. We look at the footage available to us (granted, not the ideal examples) and break it all down. Check out the video and offer your thoughts on how you have successfully run a three man front in Madden to compensate for a handicapped DL.

Be sure to subscribe to Jake on YouTube. And don't forget to follow him on Twitter.

Official Video Description: Welcome to the SECOND EPISODE of my Madden 101 series. Today, we take a look at 2 gap defenders; how they are programmed in Madden, and how they operate in real life.

Image Credits in the Video:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/f...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/20...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/6...
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15: Two Gap Defenders (Training 101)

good stuff Chris.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Very informative
So i guess user controlling the NT on defense would make this less of a problem?
Old 08-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
Rookie

kiing 360's Arena

OVR: 0

This is very intriguing. Never even thought about this being an issue. My question tho is have you tried with multiple NT's. I would assume awareness and play recognition would also play a big role in this. I would assume that Ndamukong Suh wouldn't have the same tendencies in that situation as Mitch Unrein, who I think is the NT in the video and also is a 3rd string NT
Old 08-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
well I hope EA fixes That since there not coming out with a Demo! Get to Work EA. NOw!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
This makes me so sad. Every D-linemen basically plays a one gap scheme and to make matters worse you have to adjust their position and when way they attack furthering their "one-gap-ness" in madden. Makes playing with a non 49er players in a 3-4 very frustrating.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #7
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

Great video! I wish the AI was as thoughtful as your tutorial.

At 2:31, the ball is pitched, and the running back starts stretching towards the sideline, along with an offensive lineman, mind you. However, as this convoy leaves the pocket for greener pastures, the one defensive player who is free, an AI middle linebacker, opts to abandon his outside route towards the ball carrier, and decides to join a couple of engaged linemen in the opposite direction of the play. Feels like Madden from 10 years ago. I guess I have to wait another year in hopes of an overhaul.

Last edited by Black59Razr; 08-18-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey guys, if you'd like to catch the vid on my Youtube channel, click below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EsEpHvEVB8

Next time I'll be covering the force defender in 4-3 formations with different coverage schemes. I'll focus specifically on how the force defender in Madden is utilized vs real life, with the ultimate objective being to illuminate how force defenders should be programmed in future versions of madden.

Hope you guys like this kinda stuff..

Anyway, suggestions for future vids would be great. and if youd like to collaborate to make sure all the football terminology is more accurately articulated, just message me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »