Home

Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Do we still not have penalties? realistic movement, footplanting? Not getting a good feeling again this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakaliway
This game will be fun as hell we all know that.
Never heard that before.... except for Madden 13, Madden 25 (PS3), and Madden 25 (PS4) that "fun" lasted about 2 weeks.

That said, Madden 25 wasn't terrible, it just left me disappointed and the replay value was not there.

Last edited by SECElit3; 08-21-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakaliway
This game should be the best Madden ever made or its a fail.
?? The game has been one of the worst sports games on the market for years, so no we don't know that.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #28
tss
Rookie

tss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Never heard that before.... except for Madden 13, Madden 25 (PS3), and Madden 25 (PS4) that "fun" lasted about 2 weeks.

That said, Madden 25 wasn't terrible, it just left me disappointed and the replay value was not there.
Yeah, I was a little bit disappointed too. Especially about the graphic on PS4. But anyway, it's still fun. We spoke a lot that it's a video game and it always going to be different that real live experience. I find it fun everytime it comes out. Then...well...there's another year, another game...so...
Old 08-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #29
Banned

• The graphics, audio, and in-game broadcast presentation have arrived — It has long been a dream to have Madden look and feel like the rest of the major sports games in our genre, it always lagged behind. This year, at least to me, I feel like the presentation and graphics are both up there with anything you can find on store shelves today. It’s not perfect, but it’s definitely gotten to a point where it’s clearly quite good.

Graphics I'll give you, although I'd say Madden would be last on the list behind the other top sports, but they've closed the gap quite a bit.

But the presentation? It's better, but the video evidence shows us tons of problems. It still has a ways to go before we say it's on par with the top sports franchises. They still have a ton of issues to work out with commentary plagued by too many generic lines, and cameras that are inconsistent at best.

The review from US Gamer sounds the most believable so far as the video evidence undeniably details legacy issues that date back as far as Madden 06, and quite honestly, that shouldn't be the case now.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:51 AM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Some have short memory spans from the past few years.

The past few years the "initial reviews" and the final reviews have been mediocre at best at OS.

If someone feels that the game is more fun than the last few mediocre reviews at OS, than so be it.

First thing I do when I do when I get Madden is compare how it was to the previous Maddens. The last couple I didn't enjoy at all. Madden 10 and Madden 12 for me were bearable. Not bringing up the other games because this is initial impressions of Madden thread.

I'm the best judge whether I will enjoy anything in life, including video games. I don't read too much into "initial impressions".

Last edited by roadman; 08-21-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:55 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
• The graphics, audio, and in-game broadcast presentation have arrived — It has long been a dream to have Madden look and feel like the rest of the major sports games in our genre, it always lagged behind. This year, at least to me, I feel like the presentation and graphics are both up there with anything you can find on store shelves today. It’s not perfect, but it’s definitely gotten to a point where it’s clearly quite good.

Graphics I'll give you, although I'd say Madden would be last on the list behind the other top sports, but they've closed the gap quite a bit.

But the presentation? It's better, but the video evidence shows us tons of problems. It still has a ways to go before we say it's on par with the top sports franchises. They still have a ton of issues to work out with commentary plagued by too many generic lines, and cameras that are inconsistent at best.

The review from US Gamer sounds the most believable so far as the video evidence undeniably details legacy issues that date back as far as Madden 06, and quite honestly, that shouldn't be the case now.
Facemask, do you have the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #32
Banned

Just read this in another review: Unfortunately, interactions between wide receivers and defensive backs have still not received much attention; if you’ve been frustrated in the past by receivers not fighting back to break up a potential interception, or by receivers making catches in traffic too frequently while sandwiched between defenders, you’ll find similar results playing out this year. On the same topic, you’ll find little change to the number of penalties and variety of penalties called on default sliders; only penalties occurring as a result of direct user input like offsides and false starts seem to be happening.

While this inaccuracy seems to work as directed for user-controlled players, even on All-Pro difficulty with default sliders the AI quarterbacks can go on superhuman runs of completions. Regardless of the ratings involved, a quarterback can complete in excess of 80% of their passes, even when a significant pass rush has been generated to disrupt them. Sliders and gameplay tuning may be able to tweak this experience, but at present the inaccuracies are hit-and-miss for the AI

UGH I cannot believe WR/DB interaction and passing is still in this state, there goes my enthusiasm for thid game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »