Home

Madden NFL 15: Playing Defense Isn't Utterly Boring Anymore

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Playing Defense Isn't Utterly Boring Anymore within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #9
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Hey Chris,

What did you mean by this part?

Are you referring to the camera angle making you feel disjointed (i.e. like you can't see what's going on behind you) or are you referring to the controls, etc.? Just wondering if you could expound a bit?
A combination of all of the above. It's not BAD, just if you aren't ready for it, pass coverage is going to make you feel uncomfortable with the over the shoulder view. I think with some more time, that part will clear up for me.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #10
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15: Playing Defense Isn't Utterly Boring Anymore

By over-the-shoulder view, you mean the default D cam right? Was wondering if there was a more zoomed in angle or something.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #11
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4
I always loved Defense in every madden probably because i am a defensive guy

i loved when someone use to run the same play over and over and you had a smart defender like ray lewis the play art would come up...(i dont need it because formations usually give everything away)

never thought of it as watching the grass grown but it did need improvements

really excited to hear this and cant wait to get home and use my 6 hours of Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanchus
I always loved Defense in every madden probably because i am a defensive guy

i loved when someone use to run the same play over and over and you had a smart defender like ray lewis the play art would come up...(i dont need it because formations usually give everything away)

never thought of it as watching the grass grown but it did need improvements

really excited to hear this and cant wait to get home and use my 6 hours of Madden
I am also, but seeing my dends not be effective against weak tackles and the dt avg more sacks year in and out was getting old. I hated having the only option to play the Lb to be effectice. Even more I hate calling a full blitz and no one getting home. That rarely happens in real life, you might get beat over the top but everyone is not going to get blocked
Old 08-21-2014, 02:28 PM   #13
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
By over-the-shoulder view, you mean the default D cam right? Was wondering if there was a more zoomed in angle or something.
The camera that is literally from the defenses point of view is what I mean. Nothing that zoomed in (literally over the shoulder) is available.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19
with The DL mechanics are you finding the play fair on both sides of the ball. is the OL adjusting to superior lineman. or is it a case where once I mastered beating a line man Ill get to the qb/backfield at will.

I just want to see if the AI adjusts as they advertised.

and do you think this feature ties into game planning/franchise goals accurately or effectively. will the AI game-plan to stop my superior dl/lb etc.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:25 PM   #15
Rookie

MannTooth24's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
The camera that is literally from the defenses point of view is what I mean. Nothing that zoomed in (literally over the shoulder) is available.
Ohhh, the way you said it I kept thinking that the camera view is like that of a Go-Pro camera on your player's shoulder. It's just simply from the Defense POV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #16
Rookie

ksufan7's Arena

OVR: 1
Is there an option to use the previous camera angle (like the other versions) on D in Madden?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »