Home

The Golf Club Patch Details, Server Tweaks Have Been Made to Solve Multiplayer Issues

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Patch Details, Server Tweaks Have Been Made to Solve Multiplayer Issues within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The Golf Club Patch Details, Server Tweaks Have Been Made to Solve Multiplayer Issues

HBStudios has revealed some patch details for The Golf Club on Xbox One and PC. They are also continuing to work on the servers that have been getting pounded on since launch. In fact, they sent this tweet, letting users know they made some tweaks to solve multiplayer issues.

While the PC patch should be available today, the Xbox One patch has been sent to certification.

Below are some of the details on what the patch will fix:

Xbox One

Some Achievements Not Unlocking:
We are investigating this issue and should have it resolved with the first patch, or before.

Can't Save Courses in the Greg Norman Course Desgner on the Xbox One:
We are still investigating this and believe it to be a server issue. Hard reset has been know to work for some users.

Terrain Sculpting Block Column:
This is likely a local issue and will be fixed in the first patch.

Missing Courses on the Xbox One:
This seems to be related to a memory leak. A hard reset should get all the courses back
We will have a permanent fix in the first patch

V-Sync Resets Every Time The Game is Closed:
It actually doesn't, the graphic for the button is bugged to look like it does. This will be fixed in the first patch.

Audio Popping:
This will be fixed with the first patch.

PC

Stats Not Completely Cleared:
This will be fixed on the server side in the coming days.

Average Score of E on the HUD:
We are investigating this now.

Overheating Graphics Cards:
We recommend turning down the graphics settings as we work to optimize the game further in the coming weeks.

Putting Info Blocked By Player:
We are working on this and it will be fixed in a patch in the coming weeks.

General Crashes and Freezes:
These are being investigated on an individual basis with the use of output logs.

Read up on some of the other items being looked into here.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Golf Club Patch Details

Awesome! I am so excited to hear they are working on graphic improvements. The game is great and if they can take a little of the rough edges out of the graphics it will golden.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=4872.0
we have already been working on the first patch for the Xbox One to fix errors and improve graphics, and we are hoping to have out in the next few weeks (it must go through the Microsoft certification process).
The way I see it, they've got two options here, in regards to improving the graphics:

1.) Change the resolution to 900p, and lock the frame rate at 30 fps. They'll have to drop the claim about it being as high as 45 fps, but I haven't seen or felt anything that resembled 45 fps when I was playing it with Vsync disabled.

2.) Implement 4X MSAA, if you're going to relegate it to 720p, and clean up the rough edges in the game. I don't think they're using ANY AA in this build. I also don't get the feeling they're using anisotropic filtering, which I'm reading is supposed to be one of the XB1's strong suites. Go 4x MSAA and at least 4X anisotropic filtering with The Golf Club and you'll see graphics that look more 'next-gen', although still at the bottom of the next-gen food chain. Once again, you'll have to sacrifice frames per second, but this game is going to lose its potential market if it doesn't dress up its appearance!
Old 08-22-2014, 01:41 AM   #4
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Golf Club Patch Details, Server Tweaks Have Been Made to Solve Multiplayer Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Overheating Graphics Cards:
We recommend turning down the graphics settings as we work to optimize the game further in the coming weeks.
If your graphics card is overheating then there's something wrong with your cooling rather than the game..
Old 08-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
The way I see it, they've got two options here, in regards to improving the graphics:

1.) Change the resolution to 900p, and lock the frame rate at 30 fps. They'll have to drop the claim about it being as high as 45 fps, but I haven't seen or felt anything that resembled 45 fps when I was playing it with Vsync disabled.
Scratch the above as a possibility for the next update. TGC's community manager has confirmed they won't be doing something this ambitious with the first update.

Quote:
2.) Implement 4X MSAA, if you're going to relegate it to 720p, and clean up the rough edges in the game. I don't think they're using ANY AA in this build. I also don't get the feeling they're using anisotropic filtering, which I'm reading is supposed to be one of the XB1's strong suites. Go 4x MSAA and at least 4X anisotropic filtering with The Golf Club and you'll see graphics that look more 'next-gen', although still at the bottom of the next-gen food chain. Once again, you'll have to sacrifice frames per second, but this game is going to lose its potential market if it doesn't dress up its appearance!
This didn't get addressed in the official reply to my question in the HBS forum, but it was said that the graphics improvements would be "incremental". A jump to 4x msaa might be too much of a leap for one update... maybe 2x msaa then? The XB1 version really needs some help with its graphics though. Try playing Ross Hollow GC, which is one of the official courses that you can play offline. Even offline, it's a chop-fest!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Golf Club Patch Details, Server Tweaks Have Been Made to Solve Multiplayer Is

I saw your post on there and while I was initially disappointed it does make sense. I will be curious to see if they continue to work at getting more out of it. Hopefully sales numbers will justify the effort.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any word on when this will be released on PS4?
Old 08-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yausser1017
Any word on when this will be released on PS4?
No, and it's looking pretty sure that it won't be coming next week either. I'd say September 2nd is looking more like it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »