Home

Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 08:49 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

I'm actually a big fan of the new playcall menus. It kind of makes the game for me.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:10 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbook24
gameplay is the strength. for me thats what i want. then they can patch things along the way to perfect it.
It's not about that at all. But it's easy to talk about and sum it up when you just talk about patches; we're sitting here, and it's supposed to be the franchise videogame, and we're in here talking about patches. I mean, listen, we're talking about patches. Not a game! Not a game! Not a game! We're talking about patches. Not a game; not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last, not the game, we're talking about patches, man. I mean, how silly is that? We're talking about patches.

Lol jk idc. Just having fun. I havent played it yet but I bet there are lingering issues along the lines of the white sleeve glitch that dont get fixed this entire cycle. Sim stats might be it but gosh I hope not.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:40 PM   #59
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Good review.

I don't really care for the play call UI, but I''ll adapt.

Also, the cut scenes come a little too much and I when I tap out of them, sometimes I end up picking a play by mistake.

Other than that, the game really fun.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #60
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Not to me. I fully expect them to patch the QB stats issue, which would probably bump this up a full point, imo.

That is the only thing that has really turned off me to this point.
GOD I HOPE SO. I am an offline career guy, always have been since Madden/2K had this feature. It's so underwhelming for me. If they are going to focus so much on UT, then I wish they would have an offline seasons mode like they do for online (maybe they do, but from my quick look on my 6 hrs I didn't see it), then maybe I'd play a lot more UT. Great review, I really hope they patch the Career thing quick. Destiny and FIFA are right around the corner and this game may get shelved much quicker than it should.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:23 PM   #61
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Good review man. Pretty much sums up my feelings about the game. The on the field game play is solid but, unless your in a 32 man online CFM the sim stats and progression stuff could really mess up enjoying single player CFM. Surely they will patch it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 10:29 PM   #62
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Great review, one of the best I have seen on here ever.

I haven't posted in the impression thread because last year I thought M25 was awesome the first two weeks then a month later I traded it in as the flaws showed up.

Not making that mistake again.

Based on the limited time I had with EA access, I agree with a lot said in this review.

It's fun, for sure, but...

So far, this definitely is not the leap I expected. I worry that leap will never come and it will always be "same game with some band-aids" each year.

I am hoping after playing in a user CFM my opinion changes. CPU in-game, all aspects of in-game, just really really needs to be overhauled. How the CPU reacts, calls plays, runs with the ball, just isn't where I think it should be honestly.

Hopefully, are getting a retail ps4 copy and diving in deep, I find more positives. Also, I am sure our slider guys will find a way to make the CPU play good ball.

CFM sim stats needs a patch ASAP

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 08-22-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #63
Rookie

loadedlux's Arena

Hmm guess I'll wait till a patch comes out for simulated stats because I will exclusively play CFM. Solid review, def want to play this at some point.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #64
Rookie

Chronic Narnia's Arena

Any comments on differences between ps4/Xbox one versions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »