Home

Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
I played some at my brothers place, he has EA Access, I'm solely a PS4 owner for this console generation. I'm going to say in the short time with the game it had a different feel. I felt personally I had more control of the action on the field. I ran the ball without any major issues, except for one play where the linesman let go of his blocking assignment way way too early. Passing felt more realistic, I didn't just walk up the field, I felt the challenge of making the right pass and reading the defense, instead of having the same old cheese play that always works. Defense felt smooth, I had more control in the tackling department. Graphics were crisp and player movements looked amazing, I made an an amazing cut with Cam in a scramble and dogded a defender, it was visually stunning. The play menu will take some time getting use to, but it's not as terrible as some view it. The commentary is terrible. The cut scenes were great. The halftime show was blah and could be a while lot better, I wonder if they differ in season mode with other games being played, real time updates would be great. I'm gonna say this is one of the best Maddens I have played in a long time, it still has work to be done to it, but it's a video game... And I think who ever enjoys that aspect of it will truly enjoy this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #82
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
is the commentary that bad? Worse than in madden 13 and 25?

No, not worse. But it still feels weird that Madden still has the worst commentary compared to any sports game I play. It's essential identical to Madden 25.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #83
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Good review and it sounds fair. I haven't played the game yet, but I pretty much only play in an online cfm with about 6-8 guys. If SIM stats are broke and the cpu qbs don't process properly, that's a serious problem to me.

It also sucks the commentary hurts the overall presentation so much and I do wish you could just preset the play call screen to the style you like, especially if the game is offering bad suggestions and your trying to run an up tempo offense.

That said, the new cameras and defensive adjustments like protect the sticks look like they've balanced the game as well as they have in years. Online head to head should be decent and im getting the game for 40 bucks with the best buy deal so I'm not as concerned as I would be paying full price.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #84
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20
Good review. Thanks for posting.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #85
Rookie

My only question: what about the PS3/360 versions??? any review around there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #86
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by iory_yagamy
My only question: what about the PS3/360 versions??? any review around there?
Check the Madden last-gen forum.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
Old 08-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 13
Thanks for the review. I was on the fence about getting Madden but this article helped me a lot.

Looks like it will be TGC until Fifa and maybe NHL. Bummer, as Ive got every Madden since the ps2 days.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathrneck34
Good review Chris and I have to believe they will patch the sim issue and progression and regression in the first major patch they release. If not then I will not have my copy long. However, if they do and it holds the same value to me it has with other's who have either played early access or have a disc. This version of Madden could possibly be placed in my Top 5 Maddens of All -Time.

I will only really know once I haver my copy of Madden Tues and get some time with it myself.

But again Chris good review as always , very detailed and to the point.
What I dont understand about patches is: When they test the game over and over, do they miss the things that they later-on patch?? Seems that someone would have saw the issue and fixed it b4 release? Maybe there isnt enough time to fix everything or they let it go until the complaints start rolling in?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »