Home

Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2014, 04:11 PM   #89
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
From what I've seen the animations are still jerky, there are too many big hits, same old tackling animations (it's next gen, let's get backbreaker type tackles), too many players on the ground at the end of every play, and during/after a tackle physics goes out the window. There seem to be a couple good things, But with nothing too significant added, at least in my mind, and nothing added to franchise mode, I'm definitely going to pass on it this year. Hopefully a step in the right direction at least though.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
A 7.5 actually IS Good (almost great) on our scale. We don't grade things like college papers.
Actually after every broken NCAA football received an 8 or better, going to stay away from anything rated 7.5. Typically take the OS review and subtract 1.5 or so.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:46 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thank You! First honest review I have read. I have gained an increase of respect for this place. Yet, as far as the game- it does appear like much of a difference from the last couple years- with the exception of a few tweaks and some new looks. I'll be holding on to my $60.00, but may pick it up when it substantially drops in price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #92
Rookie

***Or should I say "does not look like much of a difference."
Old 08-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 0
This review is too low. This is by far the best game of NFL Football available outside of the real game. Finally, eclipsing my all time fav NFL2K5. I had lost all interest in Madden over the years, only getting M25 with EA Access. M25 is a good game of ball, but M15 is a leap forward. Graphics, presentation, emotion are all amazing. Gameplay is tight and competitive. Lots of modes, heck the player improvement drills are fun. I will be spending much of my gaming time over the next few months with M15. See you in MUT fellas!
Old 08-23-2014, 06:26 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 4
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but your critique of the recommended play calling is somewhat incorrect. For instance, an inside run on a 3rd and 18 is a very common play for a team to call (depending on the situation). Most teams are not entertaining the idea of getting a first down under those conditions.

As for four verticals on 3rd and 1, there are also times in which that would be a great play to call. If you were 3rd and 1 on your opponent's 40 yard line, you really are in four-down territory, as you would not be attempting a field goal. If you're sure that you can get one yard on 4th down, going for a home-run play on 3rd down isn't crazy.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #95
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Good review score but the reviewer did not mention other glaring flaws in the game. Like the lack of foot-planting and abundance of sliding in this game? The horrid Qb animations and animations overall are bad & many have been in the game almost a decade, the robotic movement due to super compressed animations, a game dominated by pre-determined repeat canned animations where an 180 db can level a 260 lb TE without even being phased. Am I the only one bothered by these flaws in the game? Seems like people have become so use to it that they have learned to just accept it.

Football is a hard game to program for? Soccer and American football have a lot in common including 22 players on the field, yet FIFA is years ahead of Madden in technology. Madden does continually give a good and solid NFL experience most years? Are you serious!? I think most of OS will agree looking back that Madden last gen was a complete waste, with only the last couple of releases being decent. Overall I agree with the score, as Madden shoudnt get above a 7.5 when compared to other games but this game is a lonnnnnng way from being amongst the best in our genre.
Agreed. But, you forgot to mention the zero aware OLmen that just stand there as you get blitzed or my favorite controller smashing- watching an OLman just stand there instead of opening a route for your RB. The virtual players in Madden simply do not possess the same level of football intelligence as say, a 2K football game's players do. Having selfish 10 year opportunity to get it right, and falling on their face is sad for EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 0
Good n Fair review. Played every Madden on last gen (360) and none of them would have got more than a 5.0 overall from me; Madden 25 was maybe a 5.5 so from what ive read Madden 15 might get as high as 6.0 from me. Ya I havent played it yet but 2 plus 2 still equals 4 and madden is still madden. I think some reviewers are scared or obligated to give it a higher score than it deserves. Cant say any Madden has come close to Madden 05-06 ps2; the good old days! Wont be picking up this game unless it goes on sale for half the price.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »