Home

The Golf Club Video - Playing in a Tournament

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Video - Playing in a Tournament within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: The Golf Club Video - Playing in a Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheller
Hitting it straight isn't hard. I may miss one or two fairways a round (which is disappointing), but the skill lies in distance control on your approach shots. Some user created courses try to combat accuracy off the tee by making fairways really narrow.
I would still prefer it if the actual difficulty of hitting a straight shot was harder....but then I have not played it yet... But yes this is my one worry... I don't like the idea of having to create narrow courses because we are too accurate.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #10
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

On the subject of playing in a tournament, I've just created what is being called a "Tour" by The Golf Club (XB1), although it's nothing more than a 2 round tournament, spanning 4 days. I'm calling it an experimental tournament because I'm wanting to use it to gauge various player's experiences on a course that I know from playing on the PC has as solid a frame rate performance, while providing a compelling golf challenge at the same, on the XBox One. I'm calling it the Autumn Ridge G.C. FPS (Frames Per Second) invitational because it's set at Autumn Ridge G.C., it has had a track record for solid game engine performance on the PC, and I'm inviting you to play in it.

I've already played my first round and my experience in the wee hours of Sunday morning has me scratching my head. I hadn't experienced frame rate problems at Autumn Ridge G.C. in any of my previous rounds there, PC or XB1 version - I did this morning I'm talking swing interface affecting frame rate issues, the likes of which I'd never even sniffed at this course before. I don't understand what it is about this game that being connected to the servers drags down to this level.

I can't play Autumn Ridge G.C. offline because it's not a "vetted" course, but do know that I couldn't play Knoll Down online on Saturday morning without serious frame rate issues while connected, but when I played Knoll Down later in the day in Offline mode, it played smoothly. I hope HBS has a handle on this issue and can get it under wraps because it's really a buzz kill at times.

Anyway, let us all know what your experiences are in this thread while playing the tournament. I had two, hideous three putt greens from inside of 8 feet due to swing interface frame rate/lag issues :x
Old 08-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
On the subject of playing in a tournament, I've just created what is being called a "Tour" by The Golf Club (XB1), although it's nothing more than a 2 round tournament, spanning 4 days. I'm calling it an experimental tournament because I'm wanting to use it to gauge various player's experiences on a course that I know from playing on the PC has as solid a frame rate performance, while providing a compelling golf challenge at the same, on the XBox One. I'm calling it the Autumn Ridge G.C. FPS (Frames Per Second) invitational because it's set at Autumn Ridge G.C., it has had a track record for solid game engine performance on the PC, and I'm inviting you to play in it.

I've already played my first round and my experience in the wee hours of Sunday morning has me scratching my head. I hadn't experienced frame rate problems at Autumn Ridge G.C. in any of my previous rounds there, PC or XB1 version - I did this morning I'm talking swing interface affecting frame rate issues, the likes of which I'd never even sniffed at this course before. I don't understand what it is about this game that being connected to the servers drags down to this level.

I can't play Autumn Ridge G.C. offline because it's not a "vetted" course, but do know that I couldn't play Knoll Down online on Saturday morning without serious frame rate issues while connected, but when I played Knoll Down later in the day in Offline mode, it played smoothly. I hope HBS has a handle on this issue and can get it under wraps because it's really a buzz kill at times.

Anyway, let us all know what your experiences are in this thread while playing the tournament. I had two, hideous three putt greens from inside of 8 feet due to swing interface frame rate/lag issues :x
I just finished the first event and no lag issues at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #12
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
I just finished the first event and no lag issues at all.

Thanks for the report. I had no issues in my second round. I've now learned that the best thing to do is to perform a cold reboot of the XB1, and then go into the TGC. Everything about it seems to work better following a cold reboot!?
Old 08-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I also did a reboot last night as TGC was hanging try to load when I first turned the Xbox one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »