Home

NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #9
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Elminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

It seems Scott O'Gallagher's presence on the NBA 2K team is being felt already. In a tweet earlier today after the release of the Yakkem trailer, O'Gallagher claimed that both the charging cheese and the 1-3-1 defense are both no longer in the game -- both have been major complaints of sim-heads for quite awhile.

In a tweet clarifying the above statement
, Chris Manning said, "When you move your player around them, you will and can dribble around defenders. No more quick-draw charges."

So there is some good gameplay news for you today. How do you like both changes?
I can understand the reason to take it out. The people who were using it were using it as a crutch because the game speed, passing spacing allowed them to gain an advantage. So them taking it out means the defensive AI has to be much better. 1-3-1 is just not used in the NBA.

So basically instead of spending time programming why the 1-3-1 is not used the weaknesses of it they took it out because coaches don't use it. This is the NBA equivalent of why the wishbone is not in Madden lol

Teams do run a close version of 2-3 at times for a few possessions but can never run a true version of it because they have to get out of the lane. Most times it is a version of a match up zone.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #10
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Elminated

My hope is that this isn't just a next gen/current gen feature...Hopefully ps3/360 see this..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #11
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

OG...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

2k is really making me happy now

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23
Old 08-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #13
Banned

CY24JZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbrolic
Who plays a 1-3-1 zone in the NBA anyway? I've never seen a team play REAL zone defense in the league since they implemented it.
I'm with you but it sounds like something that was a problem for online players. I'm assuming guys ran a 1-3-1 so that the 3 defenders in the middle covered each part of the court and if you tried to go by them guys would attempt to draw a charge.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #14
Rookie

Damn... now I have to find new ways of getting easy corner threes I loved running horns against 1-3-1 cheesers. They would get so mad.

However, this is a GREAT(!!) change. Kudos.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Removing it was the easy way out.

But it's still nice for the people who play against randoms a lot in MyTeams and stuff.

Fixing the issues that made it overpowered would have rendered the 1 - 3 - 1 useless.
maybe they couldnt fix it so they removed it completely. im ok with this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #16
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

It was removed fairly recently. They had addressed multiple issues to why it was considered "overpowered" last year prior to it's removal. Lots of factors. Lots of improvements.

More on that later.

NBA 2K15's gameplay team has been killing it improving on everything from a gameplay perspective across the board.

Competitive 2K.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »