Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 03:46 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

I spent the first 2 hours going through the skill challenges. There is a lot of new stuff. Some of it is fluff, some of it is just changing the controls, some of it isn't. A lot of new stuff. The game plays different. I'm not sure I like the zoomed in camera and have already changed it. I can't see the whole field. At least the options are there now though. Playbooks look good as usual. Some subtractions but nice overall. madden always has really good plays to run. Played a quick game. I'm still getting used to the game 3 hours in now and I've played this game for 25 years. Haven't played enough yet to give a solid overall impression but I like it so far.

The graphics and presentation is improved and a leap up from 25. It's not on par with other AAA titles but it's up there. I haven't delved into the gameplay too much but it's madden. I'm not a nitpicker for things and madden plays a realistic fun game of football. I might give a more detailed gameplay impression later. I really liked the gameplay in Madden 25. I thought last years game looked and played really good. Difficulties were well balanced too. I'm not sure if this years game will be as balanced. Seems like the game may need to be tweaked.

Last edited by celtics6; 08-26-2014 at 03:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 03:46 AM   #26
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

OVR: 0

First game i played was crazy. I forgot that I ran out of timeouts with the falcons down by 3 with 7 secs on the clock near the 50 yd line. I did an audible last sec, hiked the ball and just chucked the ball down field in the end zone to Julio and he caught it with one hand

But to Impressions...

+ I like the fact that the ball carrier makes cuts for you so you don't run into your own players

+ Momentum finally works properly in Madden. I've ran the ball with Steven Jax, Shady and they both fought for extra yards, sometimes almost 10 extra.

+ WRs hold on to the ball after big hits

+ Finally you won't get warped into a sack when you're throwing next to an defender engaged in a block or tackled when you're running pass a defender in a block

- The lack of penalties kill me. I had a situation where Julio was trying to catch the ball on 3rd and the CB trucked him before he had a chance to reach for the ball but the ref called nothing

- The halftime highlights are too fast and we need a post game show too

- The defensive controls suck imo. There's too many buttons to press and remember.

- All-Pro seemed too easy for me. I ran all over the Redskins D and got 200+ yds with Shady. The Falcons/Saints game was sorta the same they just got lucky off of fumble/INT td returns. I should've blown them out by at least 17

That's all i have after 2 games, i'll be back with more tomorrow

Last edited by bdeezy89; 08-26-2014 at 03:56 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:49 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics6
I spent the first 2 hours going through the skill challenges. There is a lot of new stuff. Some of it is fluff, some of it is just changing the controls, some of it isn't. A lot of new stuff. The game plays different. I'm not sure I like the zoomed in camera and have already changed it. I can't see the whole field. At least the options are there now though. Playbooks look good as usual. Some subtractions but nice overall. madden always has really good plays to run. Played a quick game. I'm still getting used to the game 3 hours in now and I've played this game for 25 years. Haven't played enough yet to give a solid overall impression but I like it so far.
Honestly, I agree with you the most, if it wasn't for all the options to revert back to old ways I wouldn't know how to feel, I'm old school madden, but I'm always open to trying new features
Old 08-26-2014, 04:00 AM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

One more thing before bed..
It was asked a while back in the Q/A thread if CPU is predictable etc..
Answer is no.. in a big way,

Well if you aren't stopping the run then they'll continue to run it down your throat.. lol

I've had fake punt ran against me (run up the gut) and the coolest was a goal line stand.
HB dive to their right, my left.
I come storming in and stuff it like a big dog.
Problem is the QB kept it on a boot leg and pretty much walked in.

The ONLY issue I really have after all the time I have had with the game is:
Sim stats and not a whole lot of time to made a D play pick.

I can get over the D play pick but hopefully the sim stats get fixed.
The other little issues don't bother me as this version is a nice jump from M25 and hopefully it continues to make these strides.

Enjoy

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-26-2014, 04:35 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
Well am out until next year folks. This forum on Madden release day and first week is a pool of game trashing and nit picking.

Enjoy the game to those who love it

To the others... Carry on like usual

Peace
This. I don't have the game yet, but fully plan on getting it. I've read enough reviews and impressions from people who just focus on playing and enjoying the game. As a dad of three very young sons, my gaming time is very limited and I decided long ago that I could either keep sports gaming and enjoy it for what it is, or I could continue to expect perfection and forever be let down. Madden 15, by all accounts, seems to be a game that has been received well by the crowd that might be a bit more like me now, and a bit less like me 10 years ago. Sure, I'd like to see a flawless game, with perfect sim stats and game play that is near perfect, but it's a fool's errand.

Can't wait to get my hands on this game.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:45 AM   #30
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10

Hands down the best Madden to date :apple:

And I didn't even bother getting the previous two Madden's after playing them a few times at a friends house to determine if it was worth the money.

The XB1 graphics/player models are fantastic, and really come to life, no more robots running around out there.

I love that ratings actually make a difference this year. If you put your rookie DE who is a 76-78 up against a Pro Bowl LT, you're going to get stone walled most of the game no matter how good you time your jump. And that's how it should be, AND that's just awesome.

Sim stats is kind of a meh point for me, but I'm sure that they will correct it in a few weeks. If not, there's a work around already in place in another thread that works pretty good (JMO)

I don't care about having 10 seconds to pick a play, because I always let the coach pick the play since I am an offline dynasty gamer. I don't want to cheese/spam the game by picking plays that I know will always work.

I give it an 8.5/10

If they fix the sim stats issue with QB's then it will be a 9.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:56 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali8ooahyeh
Honestly, I agree with you the most, if it wasn't for all the options to revert back to old ways I wouldn't know how to feel, I'm old school madden, but I'm always open to trying new features

The issue I have with this is last year you could use the right stick to control your dlineman and it was actually better than pressing x and square. You don't have as much control. Everything else I can do from last year but the one thing they advertised the most is actually worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 05:03 AM   #32
Just started!

after a few hours of playing in cfm with a friend i started to really enjoy it....until we started to get a desync error again and again while playing against each other and it ends the game. I've seen this before in past maddens not on ps4 but thought it was a fixed problem, sadly i was wrong and i'm not sure how to fix this issue. If anyone knows how to fix this i would really appreciate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »