Home

NHL 15: Living Worlds Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 15: Living Worlds Trailer within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Seeing that shot from the crowd with the fight on the other side of the glass looks incredible. This is so overdue. Looks incredible. I might have to lower my camera angle to get take advantage of their reactions.

I don't expect them to be perfect, but it's annoying when they make a hyperbolic statement like "these arenas will feel like their real life counter parts in EVERY way." That's obviously not true. Not authentic banners in all the arenas, no authentic board ads, not all arenas have naming rights, etc. But oh man how far the crowds have come since NHL 08. Beautiful.

On a side not, bringing up EASHL in every unrelated thread is getting annoying. It's impossible to have a real on topic discussion here anymore.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15: Living Worlds Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I'd hardly say it's people being drama queens. A lot of people have legitimate gripes. People who like Be A GM haven't heard much if anything from EA about that game mode, there still doesn't appear to be much player separation based on the videos EA's released, the videos i've seen from the Demo, and other videos that have leaked. A lot of people who enjoy online mode have seen their favorite modes cut out.
This isn't anything new, and i think it's finally starting to wear people thin. I've been one of the bigger defenders of EA, both here, and on other forums. But, it's getting harder and harder to do. Be a GM's been stale to me personally for a while, but i understood that EA was focusing on their online game modes, and things like HUT that bring in more money.
I've been able to get the gameplay to be somewhat enjoyable, but for the past 3 years I've gotten more and more frustrated with the same issues being in the game, that myself and others have long pointed out, only to have them get ignored in favor of online game modes.
But, when they cut out a lot of gameplay elements, and the people who liked them are frustrated, and then others who aren't seeing the improvements they would like see that things they hoped for still haven't changed, there's going to be a lot of displeasure. It's not people being drama queens, it's people being tired of the same old deal from EA, it's just this year there's more than usual because entire game modes got cut out.
Drama queens... So true. Its a great game.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 30
Playing the demo with my nephew I must say we were wowed by the crowds. The looks of the arenas were phenomenal too then add in the slick presentation - Great job, EA. This is just the first gen game of this now current gen. It should just go up from here and I haven't owned an NHL game in forever although I've at least rented some to played demos but the game felt good. Only gripe is the resolution, so far, especially after playing Madden 15 and seeing how crispy and high res that game is. Res gotta get a bump next year but I'll still consider NHL 15 for purchase.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #20
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
So so awesome. I'm just devastated that there's no Season Mode.

I wanted to buy this game bad.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #21
Rookie

Nas160's Arena

OVR: 0
Good to see this. The thing I'm most happy to see is that the championship banners actually have the individual years on them, unlike what we saw from older screens of the game. I'm very happy. The crowd and arena detail has really boosted with this game, I'm happy about that as well.

I'm totally down for this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 2

You know... they go to such lengths to make the stadiums authentic, but the real problem is that the stadiums are static. I don't need stadium specific lighting reflecting on the ice - what I need is for the stadium to reflect my gaming experience. Sure there's banners hanging there - but none of them are mine. Five years into my GM mode I'll have a handful of cups or division championships and none of those banners will be hanging in the rafters and the pregame camera shots will remind me over and over again.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:22 AM   #23
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

Any word on whether playoff towels are in the game? I know MLB the show didn't include it first year, I'm hoping NHL did. There was nothing shown of it in this trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2014, 02:54 AM   #24
Rookie

Cossin75's Arena

I was really hoping for the return of the 3 stars shown on the ice like a REAL NHL experience.. Yeah.. well..

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »