Home

Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay with EA Access? Arrives on September 4th (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay with EA Access? Arrives on September 4th (UPDATED) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #9
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Get Six Hours of NHL 15 Gameplay with EA Access, Arrives on September 4th

I would of course have prefered it to be unlimited, but 4.99$ for 6 hours of play of a game that is not released yet, this isn't bad at all, it's not even 1$ for an hour. I will probably play the game with a friend, meaning that we will get around 12 hours of entertainement for 5$ each.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0
Can I just pay $5 for 1 month and then quit the program?
Old 08-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #11
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drich
Can I just pay $5 for 1 month and then quit the program?
From what I understand, yes. However, you will have to cancel your EA Access membership, because if you don't, it will renew automatically every month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #12
Rookie

Why would you alienate the people who will play your games the most? What possible benefit comes to you from limiting this to 6 hours versus say 24 hours? However as the Madden access proved there are always people who will pay this, just like their are people who pay thousands of dollars or tickets to games or buy $300 jeans.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:34 AM   #13
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

there's been a lot of backlash against the 6 hour limit. my guess is (hopefully) they will re-visit that limit for next year's sports games.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #14
Rookie

chrisphil1724's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
there's been a lot of backlash against the 6 hour limit. my guess is (hopefully) they will re-visit that limit for next year's sports games.
Not if people keep buying a second or third subscription for more hours! Listen people if you don't like the 6 hour limit, you need to speak-out with your dollars as well as your words and NOT GIVE EA MORE MONEY!

EDIT: Side note, those 6 hours will let you play AFTER the release as well. So I do not see EA ever giving more then 6 hours for any game. I could still play Madden 15 in "trial mode" the day of release and last night.

Last edited by chrisphil1724; 08-29-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #15
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
Why would you alienate the people who will play your games the most? What possible benefit comes to you from limiting this to 6 hours versus say 24 hours? However as the Madden access proved there are always people who will pay this, just like their are people who pay thousands of dollars or tickets to games or buy $300 jeans.
You gain the fact that for a lot of people 24 hours is far more time than they need with a sports game. Sure, not the kind of people posting on a site like this, but EA Access is meant for far more than just those people.

Even me, someone who really likes sports games, and posts on a site like this, I'm not a huge football fan. The six hours is probably enough Madden for me, to the point that I'll probably skip buying this year's game, because I've still got plenty of time left on my trial (I imagine they'll eventually take that away, but I did try starting the game after it was out, and I was still able to play my trial).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #16
Just started!

Was anyone able to purchase madden before the release date using ea access? After the 6 hour trial, a day? Couple hours before midnight release date? Hoping I can get my hands on NHL 15 early cause 6 hours won't be enough for me I'll end up using it by Saturday

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »